1. In romance, have you ever been stuck in the middle with someone?
I probably have.... but I was very trusting. Outside of romance, I have always played the (Wo)Man in the Middle, I am a negotiator at heart.
2. Which current commercial is the currently most annoying to you on TV or radio? Too many to count. There are so many local ads on TV here in middle earth, and they are generally awful and need to be muted.
3. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?
Moving the furniture to vacuum under it. Baseboards. I really don't do spring cleaning. I do it all through the year, if I do it at all.
4. What area is your expertise in?
I do a few things well. but I really excel at being a Grandma. DD1 says Лука is always saying "pertend you're Gramma". I also have some good DIY skills and will have a chance this weekend to get started again. I did a great job with the flowers at DD1's wedding, we did most everything ourselves.
5. Have you ever bumped into a former
Yes. I wrote about it here.
6. When was the last time that you got stabbed in the back?
I usually got good reviews when I worked for the bank, with the exception of one manager I had, about 15years ago, who use to harangue me about my class surveys. It was a poorly written survey with only 4 points, which would average out low if anyone scored you a two or lower, and surveys can be somewhat subjective anyway. Once we got a better written survey, I generally got better scores. I wouldn't call that back stabbing, just poor management. However, the one time I internally posted for a manager position I got ambushed. When they got around to letting me know that I didn't get the job, the center manager, my manager, and the person who got the job, delivered the news. Then they proceded to let me know what a bad trainer I was, how could I expect to get promoted if I couldn't do the job I already had and here was what I needed to do to fix it, etc. I eventually went to work under that new manager, and flourished, she was such a good boss. Over the years, I realized that it was good that I didn't get that particular job but at the time I really feel that I should have been told I didn't get the job. and then if they wanted to improve performance, have another conversation. I learned some good management skills then, even if they didn't.
7. For a few years in a row, you receive a nice tax refund: do you make an adjustment with your payroll deduction so they’ll take less, or do you leave it that way so that you can continue to receive the big check every spring?
I never had this issue in California, I actually had to have extra money taken out. When it did happen, I never change the deduction.
8. Do you remember the most naughty night of your life? (And do tell a bit, if comfortable)
I assume we mean sex here? Yes, I remember, that is all you get! This is a family blog, About the only thing naughty I have done, was telling my mother I was going one place (a club meeting) and went cruising Bob's Big Boy with my friends. I didn't lie alot because I was not very good at it.
9. How would you handle yourself if you were regularly in the press and tabloids?
I might like it for a while, because who doesn't like being the center of attention. I think it could only be good if I was in the press for good reasons. Negative press is very tiresome.