Saturday 9: Sleigh Ride (1993)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Have you ever ridden in a sleigh? No, I am not big on snow activities, so I doubt that I ever will.
2) This recording is from Harry Connick Jr's best-selling CD, When My Heart Finds Christmas. This year, did you add any new holiday songs to your personal collection? No but this year I discovered Pentatonix on the today show and they do a good Sleigh Ride too along with other favorites.
3) Harry was born and raised in New Orleans, a city that seldom sees snow. Have you had enough snow to shovel so far this winter? We have barely had any snow so far. I wonder if because of the El Nino, we will have so much or so little? And then there are the floods in MO.
4) Speaking of weather, Harry hosted a mini-series on The Weather Channel called 100 Biggest Weather Moments. Do you frequently check The Weather Channel? Not frequently, but at least once or twice a week, when I have missed the local forecast.
5) Harry's mother was a very impressive woman -- a lawyer, judge and Louisiana Supreme Court justice. Tell us about someone in your family of whom you're very proud. My dad and my husband, Mr BC. They were the first of their family to graduate from College. DD1 and 2 followed in their footsteps.
6) Happy New Year! Now that Christmas is over, are you done with holiday music and decorations? Or are you sad to see the holidays end? I did not decorate more than a small tree and some wreaths. I am never sorry to see the holidays end as there is always another one in the wings. Valentine's are already in the stores.
7) The New Year's Eve fireworks celebration in Sydney, Australia is famous for coordinating pyrotechnics and music. Have you ever welcomed the New Year in another country? DD2 and my niece and I once had New Years on a cruise ship off Mexico several years ago. That may be the last time I stayed up to greet the new year. Last night I stirred briefly with the neighborhood's celebration. I certainly hope that it was fireworks and not shot guns I heard.
8) Do you have any New Year's Resolutions for 2016? Hopes, maybe. I hope Mr BC gets better enough for us to travel. I truly thought we had a few more years of gallivanting ahead of us. Now it will have to be carefully planned travel but because of the type of dialysis (peritoneal) we should be able to use the RV for travel, because it is something we can administer.