Saturday 9: You're Beautiful (2005)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune?
Hear it here
1) The first line is of this song is, "My life is brilliant." Using one word, describe your life. "True."
2) This is about a chance encounter between strangers in a crowd, specifically the subway. What "crowded place" were you most recently in? On my trip to London last fall, recent. Victoria Station at 5 pm on a Friday night. Just getting to the escalator going down, was a mob. By the way, Phil Sayer, 62, whose voice was heard on most of the automated PA systems on railway stations across the UK, died on Thursday. Mind the Gap.
3) Near the very end of this song, James Blunt sings, "It's time to face the truth." Do you believe you face things head on? Or do you tend to deny or put off the unpleasant? I tend to put off unpleasant things.
4) James Blunt went to an all-boys school. Some educators recommend single-sex classrooms because they maintain girls just naturally approach subjects like math and science differently than boys do. Do you agree?
I don't think I would have liked going to an all girls school, but it is probably true.
5) Blunt put his father in charge of his finances. Income taxes are top of mind for many of us this time of year. Do you do your own taxes? Or do you go to an accountant or tax preparation service? I do it using Turbo Tax. Sending it off this weekend, we always owe. *See Procastination.
6) In 2005, the year this song was a hit, the sitcom How I Met Your Mother was also popular. Do you know how your parents met?
Yes, New Years Eve 1945, My Mom's cousin dated my Dad's cousin and they fixed the two of them up. It was love at first sight for them. They stayed out all night and married in June of 1946.
7) 2005 is also the year Tom Cruise famously jumped on a sofa. Do you remember where he did this? On the Oprah Show. I didn't see it when it happened, and really didn't care.
8) 2005 was also the year YouTube really took off. What's the last video you watched? Something on Facebook, I'm sure. Probably something Corgi related.
9) Random question ... Which of these high profile jobs would you enjoy more: head of General Motors, CEO of Apple or president of the New York Yankees?
CEO of Apple, because it would mean that I am very smart about computers and programming, I'd have the most amazing blog with all kinds of bells and whistles.