1. In this song,Tammy sings of being able to hear "the breeze from the bayou." What sounds can you hear as you answer these questions? The gentle hum of the humidifier. We are glowing around here! Also Lucky Dog just came on....I love that program.
2. This week's song was the theme of a popular movie about a girl who grew up on a houseboat in Mississippi. Looking back on 2016, did you spend much time on or around water? Not at all, unless you count the pond at the park where we walk the dogs.
3. In addition to being an Oscar-nominated actress, this week's artist, Debbie Reynolds, was a big movie fan. She amassed an amazing cache of movie memorabilia. Do you collect anything? Christmas ornaments, would come the closest to a collection. I use to bring back something from from trips we made. I don't so much any more. I do have a doll collection from my youth. Packed away. I am not much of a collector.
4. Though she never won a competitive Oscar for acting, Debbie Reynolds was awarded the Academy's Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award earlier this year for 60 years of charity work. While she supported many causes throughout her life, one she was closest to was The Girl Scouts. She was not only a Scout herself, she was a leader when daughter Carrie was young and a fundraiser throughout her life. Were you ever in Boy or Girl Scouts? I was in Girl Scouts until high school, and I also was a troop leader for my daughter's Brownie group in second grade. Whenever I can choose the group to support it is Scouts.
5. No Question #5 so I'll post another gif of Debbie.
6. The New Year's Eve fireworks celebrations in both Disney World in Florida and Sydney, Australia coordinate pyrotechnics and music. Are you expecting either fireworks or live music on your New Year's Eve celebration? I think I mentioned before, that some idiots in our town shoot guns at midnight.
7. According to the National Insurance Bureau, more cars are stolen on New Year's Eve than any other single day. Are you confident your vehicle(s) will be safe and sound this Saturday night? Oh yes, We always make sure it is parked inside the yard on holidays to keep it from being damaged...but mainly, I am not sure car theft is a major crime in Hooterville.
8. Do you have any New Year's Resolutions for 2017? I think I would really like to take a class or finally join the senior group at the YMCA, I need to do something outside the house.
9. Looking back on 2016, what surprised you? I am not talking about the election anymore, but that was a big surprise.