1. Do you understand a belief model based on creationism?Not really. Although I can understand why creationists want to promote it. It allows them to rationalize science to their belief system. I would not like it taught right along side of evolution.
2. Is your house run more like a dictatorship or a democracy?
Mr BC would say benign dictatorship....but I believe it is a true democracy.
3. Are you likely to forgive a transgression and give someone a second chance?
Yes, and I have done that!
4. Is religion a big part of your life?
No, I am a humanist. I can't be an atheist because I am just not sure if there was someone is up there stirring the pot. I haven't been to church since the kids were small and have a real problem with christian fundamentalism, in which I was raised. There are a couple of hot topics in this Sat9. Please do not pray for me and my opinions.
5. Do you feel your job (or your spouse's if you work at home) is safe?
When we worked our jobs were intrinsically safe.... banking and auto industry. Wait! Do you mean safe, safety-wise or do you mean safe from lay-offs? Mr BC was laid off twice but landed on his feet eventually. I kept wishing they would lay me off with a package the last 2 years, but I was safe to retirement.
6. Do you believe in gay marriage? Why?
Yes. Marriage is a legal entity not religious though the Church has taken it over as theirs. The gay folk I know want the same rights as the married. In my opinion, Civil Unions might be an ok compromise in the short term.
7. Do you think the current U.S. war will lead to a more peaceful world?
Nope! war has never led to a peaceful world.
8. Do you like people with swagger?
If the swagger comes from confidence it is ok. But if it comes from a huge ego....not so much.
9. What kind of budget do you live on, is it tight or carefree?
Right now it is a little on the snug side and will never be carefree....we are retired. We are about to be mortgage free and that could allow us to be comfortable and still save for some traveling that we would like to do.