Saturday, March 14, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Participate by posting and adding your name at CrAzY Working Mom
This was taken over the Memorial Day weekend. This is a shot of Yosemite Valley. We took our RV and DD1 newly with child and SIL. We saw all the usual sites and the kids want to go back not necessarily to camp. They loved all the great hotels in the Valley. DD1 was raised on camping, however, I don't think SIL relished roughing it. Such as it is .... We have a shower, toilet and electricity However, SIL is 6' plus and the shower was not as tall as he! We all had a great time. Doing all the tourist stuff, hiking and picture taking. The sky was beautiful every day and night.
Sunday, March 08, 2009
1. How old do you look? I am 61 and I am told I look younger....maybe 52?
2. Where do you live? In crowded Southern California
3. Are you waiting for something? The other shoe to drop....
4. What’s one pet peeve of yours that is not common? Run down heels or scuffed shoes. I usually look at people's feet second.
5. Do you want/have kids? I have 2 fantastic daughters.
6. Have you ever thought about converting your religion? I toy with agnosticism. I still pray. Fundamental religion is scary no matter what one it is.
7. Last shocking news you heard? That a friend at work had died unexpectedly.
8. What was the last thing you drank? Ginger tea, I had heartburn again last night.
9. Who do you most look like in your family? My dad, only I am not bald.
10. If you could have something right now, anything, what would it be? A secure retirement.
11. Where does most of your family live? California, Oklahoma, Missouri.
12. Where did you grow up? San Gabriel, California
13. Where do you want to go on vacation? London & Belgrade, but it will probably be Missouri.
14. Have you ever had a panic attack? If you mean anxiety attacks, I use to but not so much lately. I tend to be very calm. What will be, will be.
15. What can’t you wait for? To go see my new grandson next weekend.
16. When’s the last time you told someone you loved him or her and meant it? Last night, Mr Bankerchick, and just now in case I didn't say it last night.
17. Have your parents ever smoked pot? No, but I did in my youth a couple of time, as Clinton so profoundly stated....I did not inhale.
18. Want someone back in your life? My best friend from High School...Lauretta.
19. What do you order at the bar? If I drink at all, it is wine.
20. When was the last time you cried really, really hard? When my mom and dad died. Tears of joy when DGS was born last month but that was mist, by comparison. I don't cry alot.
21. Ever licked someone’s cheek? I don't think so.
22. What is your favorite thing to eat with peanut butter? Jelly or honey
23. Where were you on July 4th, 2008? Claremont Colleges fire works display. I love Claremont.
24. What are your nicknames? Katy Did
25. If you could go back in time, how far back would you go? I read a lot of history so it would be hard to pick......Times were dangerous prior to my lifetime, re: medicine, life expectancy, dangerous events. I guess I would not mind Victorian England about the time of the Great Exposition. For just a little while.
Saturday, March 07, 2009
Friday, February 06, 2009
Saturday, January 31, 2009
one way or another, so we decided to go up this weekend. We are going to stay in a hotel since SIL's mom is here so I made reservations. There is going to be a sonagram on Monday afternoon, if she hasn't delivered, they will make decisions... from there. DD1 said she was really glad we were coming up as I was induced for DD2 and she wants to talk. SIL called last night and said come on down. So after we drop off Gwennie at the kennel, we will be off. I will keep the page updated. More to come!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Well the hoopla is over and it is down to work for Obama. Mr BC tivoed it for me and it was nice fast forwarding away from the non-news happy talk and get to the speechafying. It was a good speech sincere and heartfelt. President Obama and Congress have a monumental job ahead and it won't be pretty.
I am a child of the 50's and 60's so having a black man in the Oval Office was something I had not thought I would not see in my life time. I remember a time when it was truely unthinkable. I am glad I was wrong, times change, and diversity is here and in action. Well done!
Now we have a new President and he will get down to work and he will, before we might want it, have a very short honeymoon. He will cease being the first African-American president and be THE president and the focus of all that is good and bad in this country. Good Luck Mr President! I would not want your job for the world!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Well it is another week closer to the 28th. I guess things could be worse and DD1 could have 11 months to go! That would be a long wait!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
I have rested and am venturing out to the blogosphere again. I have been checking out some of my friends and will start commenting soon!
Mr Bankerchick and I are about to have or first grand, child a boy, who will be named Luka, and we are on top of the world. He is due Jan 28 and we are ready for him. His grandmother from Serbia is coming soon and we will both be first time grandmas. Actually I think she will be a Baba!
I have set my retirement date for the end of 2009, and that gives me something to really look forward to...... time to spend with Luka!