If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.1) This music video was produced by Mike Nesmith of The Monkees. Can you name a Monkees song?
The Last Train to Clarksville and my personal favorite Day Dream Believer. When I first heard they were created for a TV show.....I thought yeah, that is going to be good....for sure. It turned out that I liked their music.
2) The song includes the foreign sounding phrases, "Oh jambali Tom bo li d, say de moi ya," and "Oh, Jambo Jumbo!" Mr. Richie meant to include language indigenous to the Caribbean, but was writing the song under deadline and simply made those phrases up instead. Tell about the most recent time you cheated or "cut corners."
Well, I cheat on my diet all the time, I shouldn't eat sweets, because they are my downfall. The last time I cut corners was when I had some fresh strawberries. I just cut off the tops, rather than coring the last batch of stems. I find they actually need more sweetener, if you leave those cores.
I went to a city college in CA in the late 60's and I joined an independent on-campus sorority. I met Mr BC through one of my sisters. I had some fun and the girls were just ordinary like me. When DD1 went to UCSB, she did not think a sorority was her cup of tea.
When I was a little girl I use to watch, but they are not as interesting to me now. Like models and Barbie, I don't think they represent real or realistic beauty or intelligence.
5) Since it's Labor Day weekend, that holiday established to
I started my banking career as a teller 35 or so years ago and I ended my 28 years at a bank in CA, a couple of years ago. I worked as a trainer of phone bankers for our Customer Service center in Southern CA, and enjoyed the non branch environment. I was ready to retire, though, I had lost a lot of my drive, the closer I got to 65. I also found that I had less in common with my trainees as they got younger and I got older.
6) An estimated 40% of us have dated a coworker. Have you ever had an office romance?
Before I met Mr BC, I dated some guys from work. It usually didn't work out and turned out to be a bad idea.
7) Labor Day is a big weekend for travel. How did you book your last vacation? (Online, through a travel agent, over the phone ...) I sent for some travel brochures online and one of their representatives contacted me. It is for a tour of London, Paris and Rome in '15, that we have looked into. I usually book things online, but we may book with this company if we decide to go.
8) Mother Winters won't wear white again now, until next Memorial Day. Sam thinks that's just crazy. Where do you fall in this heated mother/daughter debate? In CA I use to wear white a lot longer, but I tend to wear darker colors in Fall and Winter. I can remember when you didn't wear white gloves or shoes after Memorial Day. I really don't care other than white clothes are usually to light to wear in the dead of winter.
9) When you look at back on Summer 2014, what will you remember? The summer of the dentist chair. Last Tuesday I had another tooth pulled. It was really infected. I am glad for no pain.