1. "You're not the boss of me." I am so glad I don't have a boss, or dress code so that:
2. I can wear play clothes all day.
3. I go outside without worrying how my hair looks and sometimes I can forget to run a brush through it.
4. I can take a nap and sleep like a baby any time I need it. I can go to bed early, without a fuss. However, I can't usually stay up late without falling asleep in my chair, with my mouth open....drooling.
5. I don't have to be a team player....if I don't want to be. I can be selfish if it applies to the situation, and think only about myself. Mr BC of course is the exception.
6. Unlike, my teenage and grown up self, I am not afraid to be myself. If I want to cry and throw a tantrum, I will. I don't.....but, I would. Many times I say what is on my mind more that usual, and sad to say....not always appropriate.
7. I don't have homework....only housework, which I don't have to do if I don't want to, since hardly anyone drops by without calling first.
8. I can take up coloring in my pillow fort if I want to....Maybe after the cataract surgery, when I can see again. I still like to sometimes, do silly stuff.
9. I have become interested in Fairy Tales again.
I watched Once Upon a Time and Grimm, for several seasons. My newest obsession is Emerald City.
10. I have the time, to be curious. If I have a question I can ask the internet..."Why?" as often as I want. the internet doesn't get irritated by too many questions.
11. I can be goofy. I can remember, when as a kid, we used to get in trouble for giggling and goofing around. As grandma, I act silly and ridiculous with my grandsons.
12. I want to enjoy that time, when life is simple. Kids know their colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes. Kids don't know, what they don't know, and they, don't care. All a kid knows is to be happy. They are blissfully unaware of most of the the things that would make me worried or upset. I want to be that blissful.
13. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift. And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, 'cause..."Tag! You're it."
Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do. ~Jean de la Bruyere
|Hope you have fun visiting the other players. It's a great way to make friends!|