Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A Fishy Hodgepodge



 Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
I am sometimes a fish out of water here in Southwest MO. I am truly living blue in a red state, and I am actually, slightly purple, on some matters.  I am not orange at all, however!

 1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try? I would go trout fishing with my dad up close to Yosemite when I was young. I have caught a fish, I did not throw it back, I ate it.
 

2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer? I am always fishing for change in the bottom of my purse. Where I just toss it.

3. Your favorite fish tale or movie? Salmon Fishing in the Yemen about believing in the impossible. I love Ewan McGregor.


4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer. I am sunrise, as far as beginning my day and nearing the twilight of my life.


5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
I have a winter coat that I bought when we first moved here from CA that I still wear, though not this winter.  I don't hold on to old clothes, unlike Mr BC who hangs on to everything. He still has his wedding shoes.

6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far? Well it started out with Mr BC being unwell and is ending on a high note.  I am sitting in MO in February, with my front door open, enjoying the fine weather.  But this is Missouri, if you don't like the 
weather,

  

7.  The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune? Yes, I enjoy his music. I listened to an album of greatest hits this morning....It's still Margaritaville!

8.  Insert your own random thought hereMy cataract surgery went well and I see so clear out of my right eye.  I can't wear my glasses, as the prescription would be different for the right eye and they aren't comfortable. I find out tomorrow if I can schedule the left eye soon.

3 comments :

  1. Glad to hear your surgery went well. Maybe you will be one of those lucky people who find that they don't need glasses at all afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy that your surgery went well I hope that you can tell a big change
    I am always fishing for change in my purse as well
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oldest clothing made me think of my two winter coats, both white, both exceptionally warm in winter, both machine washable, and both refusing to wear out. They were bought for dog walking thirty plus years ago.

    So pleased that you can now see after the procedure. You must be relieved.

    ReplyDelete