|Melissa Etheridge is a breast cancer survivor and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please spread the word about early detection.|
Here in the Bible Belt, Missouri's a Red State, I tend to keep somewhat quiet about my thoughts on Religion and Politics as they differ so much, even from close friends. I am not going to change anyone's mind and I don't actually like debate. The past two weeks have been different though, all of congress has been stupid. I don't feel the same way about airing some things on my blog as it seems so much more anonymous. So here is my message to the GOP.
2) Melissa's father was a high school teacher. Tell us about a teacher who had an impact on you.
Unfortunately, I don't remember a teacher who really stands out in a positive way, I had a lot of good teachers over the years. However, if one counts the teachers who had a negative impact on me, it would be my 8th grade teacher, Mr. Ginsberg, I even remember his name after all these years. I was on the chubby side when I was 12 or 13, I also was developing my breasts and was self conscious. I tended to stand around with my arms crossed over my chest. He called me Buddha, all the time, and I was hugely embarrassed. I guess I could have objected now, but at the time, the late 50's, there was no political correctness or anti harassment. It was bullying pure and simple. I guess he thought he was being funny....Not! He was a terrible person and should not have been a teacher.
3) Melissa won a Grammy for this song. If you won a major award, where would you display it?
On my 'Jimmy' buffet in my dining room.
4) Which TV game show do you think you'd do better on -- The Price Is Right or Wheel of Fortune?
Probably The Price is Right, I use to watch it all the time when I was a stay at home mom. I don't watch game shows much any more.
5) Are you neat and organized?
Noooooo! I wish I were, life would be so much easier.
6) When was the last time you went more than a day without washing your hair?
All the time. Now that it is going gray, it seems so much dryer and I only wash it two or three times a week.
7) When you eat Chinese food, do you use chopsticks or a fork?
I start with chop sticks because they are there...but usually change to a fork because darn it, I am hungry.
8) Are you a good cook? Nothing fancy, but I think so.
9) We're having a party in your honor! Would you prefer a costume party, a bowling party or a pool party?
None of the above. A surprise party would be fun....never had one of those.