Well, I am still in Santa Barbara and will be here for another week. DD1 and SIL are going away for the weekend and the Au Pair and I are staying with the kids. Mr Bankerchick took the dogs back to Missouri after a week's visit. He is not use to all the hub bub that accompanies a 5 and 2 year old. DD1's new house has high ceilings down stairs and tile floors so I have to admit it can be pretty loud downstairs. They will be shopping for rugs while they are out this weekend.
The grandsons are awesome and celebrated their birthdays together with their Mother's, as they are within two days of each other. It was really loud last Saturday afternoon and evening with kids and adults celebrating together.
The weather is always beautiful in SB in the winter and it has been very mild. I think since the Au Pair is getting ready to take the boys to the park.....I am doing the lovely SB Zoo tomorrow.....I will have time for Saturday 9 today and the ensuing comments.
|Dino Doc at the Santa Barbara Zoo|
Saturday 9-Why Don't We Get Drunk (a questionable occupation for a Saturday Morning)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1)This week's song was once named the favorite love song of Bud Wiser, the godfather to this humble blog. With Valentine's Day coming up, what's your favorite love song?
Any thing sung by Bocelli from his Romanza album here.
2) When this song was first released back in 1973, the "Why don't we get drunk and screw?" refrain was considered shocking. With the explicit sexual content in many of today's songs, it now hardly raises an eyebrow. When is the last time you were shocked? (Not just by a song, by anything at all.)
Porn popping up on a search or in the e-mail is always a little shocking to me, mainly because I am not expecting, is always a surprise to me also some folks tumblrs can have a shocking surprise for me.
3) Buffett named his first daughter Savannah, presumably after his favorite city. Tell us about your favorite city.
After Santa Barbara, it would be London. I am an Anglophile for sure and I loved London when I visited several years ago. It is so old and new. I love history and London jaw-dropping full of history.
4) Mr. Buffett opened a Margaritaville Casino in Atlantic City. Have you ever gambled in Atlantic City? What about Las Vegas?
We have not been to Atlantic City and with Las Vegas on the way to California we tend to visit it instead. Mr Bankerchick has been to New Jersey, but I don't think he went to Atlantic City. With so many Indian Casinos around us in MO, I think we could take care of any Casino desires we might (never) have.
5) Saving Florida's manatees is a cause near and dear to Jimmy Buffett's heart. If we were to make a $100 contribution to any charity in your honor, which would you choose?
Our Local Humane society.
6) If today was your birthday, your astrological sign would be Aquarius. How often do you check your horoscope? Never.
7) On this date in 1974, the show Good Times ("Dy-no-mite!") premiered and, much to Sam's confusion and chagrin, still enjoys an audience in syndication. Tell us about a pop culture phenomenon that you just never got into.
Any Real Housewives, Duck Dynasty, or the Kardashian chicks. Reality TV is just a mystery to me. I do like HGTV though.
8) Is there a home improvement project on your list of things to do?
Painting my kitchen, top on the list for this year and always.
9) A warm-weather choice to consider on a February day: Ice cream sundae or banana split?
I could enjoy an ice cream sundae right about now. Did I mention how nice it is in Santa Barbara, CA? I am currently in love with Blenders in the Grass, a healthy smoothie place just down the street.