Saturday, August 20, 2016
Saturday 9: The Trolley Song (1944) ... Because Stacey suggested Judy Garland. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this movie clip, just about everyone (except Judy) is wearing a hat. Do you wear hats for fashion, for warmth or for both? I will wear a hat if I am going to be in the sun for a while and a knit hat in cold weather. Since I usually wear a baseball cap for shade, I can't say I wear hats for fashion. I don't really look good in hats.
2) This song is from Meet Me in St. Louis, which was a huge hit and the second highest grossing movie of 1944. When is the last time you watched a movie in the theater? Les Miz, so many years ago, the music, was good.
3) The movie follows the Smith family as their hometown, St. Louis, to prepares to host the 1904 World's Fair. What's the biggest thing happening in your hometown? They have Main Street closed for a carnival this weekend. Mr BC says it is something to do with Veterans.
4) This week's featured artist, Judy Garland, is best known as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. That movie is shown so often that Sam thinks she may have seen it a dozen times. Is there a movie or holiday special you've seen over and over?
The Big Chill, I have it and I would watch it if it were on, anytime.
5) Judy admitted to being perpetually tardy. Are you usually prompt? Or are you always running late? I tend to promptness and will usually be too early for appointments and such.
6) Judy's first professional performance was a rendition of "Jingle Bells" when she was just two. How old were you when you entered your chosen profession? I wouldn't say banking was a chosen profession, my best friend got me my first job in banking, when I was 22 and I stayed with it, as a path of least resistance. I hit my stride when I got into training.
7) Thinking of "Jingle Bells," here's a wintery question for a hot summer day: What's your favorite carol? I like Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, which was also in this movie.
8) Judy was a very demonstrative person. She enjoyed hugs and admitted that, when she nervous, she took emotional support from physically reaching out. Are you demonstrative? With close friends and family. I really don't like people to move into my 36 inch bubble if I don't know them. Mr BC saw a Dr at Kansas UMC last week, who would have made me very uncomfortable, because he was in too close, to him before the examination started.
9) She told Barbara Walters that people would be surprised to learn that she was a good cook and specialized in desserts. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yes, so sweet! I love dessert first and best. I brought home a tart from Trader Joe's last week. I still have one piece left and I will have it for breakfast this morning. (Fri)