Saturday, October 08, 2016
Saturday 9-Nothing Sucks Here!
Saturday 9: My Life Would Suck Without You (2009)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
Been away from posting for a while, but I still visit others and make comments when I can. I liked the questions this week so I am back.... until I go again. I just don't seem to be up to it.
1) This video begins with Ms. Clarkson on a swing. When you were young, did you prefer the swings or the slide? We had a school at the end of our street and the play ground was within sight of our house, so I was always on the swings, there was no slide....California....not safe.
2) The first words are, "Guess this means you're sorry." Who is the last person to apologize to you? I can't even remember....probably Mr BC, because he had said something that hurt my feeling or something.
3) One of Kelly's earliest show business jobs was as an extra on Sabrina, The Teenage Witch. Do you believe in witches and warlocks? Uh, No! I know that some women can be witches....but not the magical kind.
4) Mentioning witches and seeing Kelly with a lollipop reminds Sam ... She needs to pick up a 1 lb. bag of Dum Dums for Trick or Treaters. Have you done anything in preparation for Halloween? Oh yes....I have polished off a bag of miniature snickers. We don't have Trick or Treaters here, although, I will pick up another bag of candy, just in case.
5) Ms. Clarkson's advice to aspiring young singers is not to listen to advice. "Everyone gives you their 2¢ worth, but you have to follow your gut." Are you good at soliciting and following advice? Or do you tend to follow your gut? I do both, I am always ready to find out how others do things....If it seems sound....I will give it a try.
6) The year this song was popular, 2009, saw two major newspapers go out of business. Both the Seattle Post Intelligencer and Rocky Mountain published their last editions. Do you still read a paper copy of your local newspaper? No, Mr BC still gets the Joplin Globe, and reads it front to back. He had 2 school friends pass away last week. He is, all the time telling me little tidbits, from the news.
7) In 2009, Mark Zuckerberg confirmed that Facebook tried to buy Twitter, but was rebuffed. Which social media site do you spend the most time on? Facebook and Blogger. I am old school, I don't do Twitter, Instagram etc.
8) In 2009, the Balmain Collection included a pair of jeans that retailed for $2,165. What's the most you would pay for denim pants? Never more than $39.95, lately I just get cheap jeans with elastic waist bands. I am very un..chic! Comfortable and less than $20.00, or on sale.
9) Random question: You buy a charity raffle ticket and tuck it into a friend's birthday card. Before you can give it to her, the numbers are drawn and you realize it's worth $500. Do you still give it to her? I would probably keep the prize if I was so late with the card, that the numbers had been drawn.