1) In this song, Liza Minnelli encourages you to put down "the knitting, the book and the broom." Which of those three were you most recently doing: knitting, reading or housework? Housework is eternal, but I was reading last night before bed. I don't knit any more because needlework is just too hard on my eyes and my knuckles.
2) She sings that we shouldn't allow "some prophet of doom to wipe every smile away?" Do you know anyone who reliably looks at the downside of life? Not so much, but when I was working, there was always someone who was negative. I try not to let those folks into my life.
3) In 1972, when this recording was popular, so was The Brady Bunch. In the two-part season premiere, The Bradys went to Hawaii. Do you have any warm weather vacation plans this fall/winter? I am going to Santa Barbara in January and February, it is usually pretty mild in the winter....but, isn't always reliably nice in the winter. Seeing the grandsons is great no matter what the weather. Their birthday is just one day apart and Caшa, was born on his Mom's birthday, it just make sense to go and celebrate the fun.
4) Though not her uncle, just a friend to both of her parents, Liza always called Frank Sinatra as "Uncle Frank." Is there an older person in your life who isn't a blood relative, but who refer to as "aunt" or "uncle?" No, but my mom was Auntie Jeannie, to a lot of kids when I was younger.
5) Liza collapsed onstage during a Christmas concert in 2007. She says she'd been nauseous before she went on and simply fainted. Sam has never fainted. Have you? I have been nauseous before but I have not ever fainted. One time my mom fainted from heat, in line at Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland, and we got right in thanks to kindly patrons.
6) People are often surprised when they learn Liza is good friends with Gene Simmons -- the KISS member with the long tongue. Tell us about one of your good friends. I have been lucky with friends, one friend is special, as she is the wife of Mr BC's best friend from school. We have been friends since we first met, so many years ago, she is my mall walking buddy too, so we see each other a lot.
|Maggie and Jigs BFF|
8) She keeps apple juice and yogurt in her refrigerator at all times. Would we find either in your refrigerator right now? Yes, if Apple Cider counts as apple juice. This time of year I have a bottle of it in my fridge. I have some cartons of yogurt, but they might be out of date. I mix it as the liquid in spiced Chai concentrate, instead of milk and.... poof.... spiced cider.
9) Random question: Which would be a more frustrating dinner companion -- someone who won't shut up, or someone who won't say a word? Both are not a great thing at dinner. I guess someone who won't say a word, would frustrate me more, and probably make me uncomfortable if it was just us at a table.