Saturday, March 24, 2007

It Seems I Was A Long Time Gone



Mr Bankerchick has gone to Missouri to take care of his Mom post surgery. At 84 she had a valve replacement a single bypass and a pacemaker installed. She is a tough lady and with a few hicups after the surgery (the pacemaker) she is in rehabilitation and doing well. He has been gone since March 6th, drove back there with DD1 and I was alone, just the cat and me until DD flew back last Sunday so she could start Spring semester. It looks like he could be back there until the end of April, however he is a good son and the experience will no doubt be a good one.
I have been without a computer since Mr B took our laptop with him, now that DD is back we picked up a new (to us) refurbished laptop from Overstock.com. After some fits and false starts I got it up this morning. With our company's new policy on the Internet, I am not able to blog and I have avoided any non work surfing to set a good example. Yeah right! I have 2 years till retirement and I don't want to lose out on the benefits because they perceive that I am using the internet on their time and get my a** canned.

We are going to get a puppy. Our puppy was born March 15 and we should be able to pick her up when Mr B gets back. I get to pick her out as we have 7 females to choose from. She is a tri colored Pembroke Welsh Corgi. The breeder has kept me posted with pictures but they are in my e-mail at work. I figure since I tell the breeder that she should open an account with us, every time I reply, it qualifies as business. Actually my boss knows my e-mail-less life and has been cool with it so I could keep in touch about the birth. I am so glad to be connected at home again. The computer has now come to dominate my life just like my ATM card did 10 years ago.

No comments :

Post a Comment