Thursday, January 12, 2012

10 Things I Love About (Grand) Motherhood

I didn't think I would post today as Лука came home yesterday and I'm busy playing. but as I was reading MamaKat challenges I realized I could whip one out fast during his nap so here it is:

10 Things I Love About (Grand) Motherhood

1.  That I am not going to sit on a bench when we go to the park.
2.  I get to play with trains.
3.  To Лука, I am the funniest person in the World.
4.  He runs to me when he first sees me, Grandmaaaaaa!
5.  When one builds a tower it goes without saying to admire it quickly as it is bound to be knocked
     down, almost immediately.
5.  I love the pillow fights, and his laugh when I pin him down.
6.  I love to hear about things he does that make me proud. Like please and thank you without being
      reminded and excuse me.  Everyone in Serbia was amazed that he remembered to say it in 
      Serbian to them.  HE IS POLITE IN TWO LANGUAGES.
7.  He says I LOVE YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA, when he says goodbye.
8.  He says no firmly but says Umm Yeah, when he says yes. He gets that from his mommy.
9.  That Лука is a boy, I had 2 daughters and have learned to appreciate how wonderful boys are too.
10.Whether they are full body arm wrappers or he just backs into them, SNUGGLES are the
        best....when Лука is passing them out.


The Prompts:
1.) Write a poem inspired by the last conversation you had with your child.
2.) Describe a time you felt startled.
3.) Create an “instructional” post where you show readers how to do something cool or useful or yummy. (inspired by two very cute little girls)
4.) Many of us like to poke fun at some of the things that drive us crazy as parents…let’s flip the script, what are 10 things you love about motherhood?
5.) Share a lessons (or lessons) you learned about friendship from an introvert. (inspired by (in) courage)

8 comments :

  1. #9 is my favorite b/c I can relate to it so much. My girls are 11 and 8 and this 2 yr old boy is SUCH a dramatic difference from them at 2. It's a wonderful thing to bear witness to and he is teaching me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a granddaughter born in February 2009! Love your list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sweet! Courteous in two languages - what a gift!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so looking forward to being a grandma, but I'll make due right now with my nephews. I also like #9: I grew up in an all girl house, and wouldn't you know it, my first child is a boy! I didn't know the first thing about having a little boy, but it turns out, it just came naturally. Thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading your top ten list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh, so cute! This was so sweet and makes me want grandkids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Grandkids are such a joy aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think being a grandparent must be one of the delayed rewards of being a parent. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. Great list!

    ReplyDelete