2. Each year Time Magazine names a 'Person of the Year', someone who has 'for better or worse...done the most to influence the events of the year.' It was recently announced they've named Angela Merkel Person of the Year for 2015. You can read more about this year's selection here. Your thoughts? I was not familiar with her until the refugee issue. I guess she is deserving of it. Just as long as Trump isn't honored by anything this year I am fine. If you were in charge, who would you declare Person of the Year? Nurses! The great nurses at Freeman Hospital in Joplin, were so caring and wonderful to Mr BC. All the staff should be commended.
3. Do you have a nativity set in your home? If so share it's history and how you display the pieces. We had one when the girls were younger. It was displayed on the mantle, got broken in the move and is in pieces in a decoration box up stairs. I don't have a mantle here, and since we usually go to CA, I haven't decorated in a few years.
4. Do you make an extra effort to give back in some way during the holiday season? How do you encourage those who need encouragement this time of year? Since this year, Mr BC has been so sick, my encouragement is directed to him. I usually try to give a gift to those who are less blessed than we are, I will take a name from a tree and shop for that person. I notice my Walmart had one, I have to go today so I hope there are some names left.
5. Who is your favorite person to shop for? Why? I loved shopping for the girls when they were young...I have transferred that love to the grandsons. I try to come up with special gifts that will be meaningful to them. This year I have ordered a subscription from Kiwi Crate to deliver a box of crafts, books and experiments to do every month for the next 6 months. I told DD1 that I would continue it if she felt it was worthwhile and the boys used and enjoyed it. Since they will be back after Christmas, I will send some other thing I have later. Now I have to start thinking about birthday gifts for everyone's birthday in early Feb. I hope Mr BC will be doing well enough for me to go out there for the birthdays.
6. What's the last delicious thing you ate? Sweet potato fries at the hospital (they are fat and crispy and delish!), while I was waiting for Mr BC outpatient surgery to be completed*. I also loved the chocolate mousse like desserts we had when we were in Paris.
7. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is keeping a positive intent, not worrying about how others may or may not celebrate. Whether they say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, not getting upset that someone's community have secular or religious celebrations. No one can take your joy away, unless you let them.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I do not see how anyone could work at a department store anymore, the fragrance department has taken over all the fresh air on the first floor. When I walk by the candle/bath works etc, I can smell it when I walk the mall, even when it is closed. I am getting very affected by too strong fragrances, I use to hate getting trapped in an elevator with some one who smells so strongly, now it overpowers me sometimes in a whole store.
*He was fine afterwards...he has very little pain. He had a peritoneal port installed for when he starts dialysis, the kidney doctor wanted it healed and ready when the dialysis was necessary.