Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Acting the Fool-Wednesday Hodgepodge



  1. What are two or three expectations you have of yourself? I am not sure what this question is all about.  At my age I am glad to wake up every morning, feeling okay. 


2. In what way does your outdoor space need sprucing up this spring? We need to get rid of some hackberry bushes that are growing in the front of the house. Some pruning and some planting around the front steps.

3. According to this site (Roadtrippers), six of North America's most wondrous waterfalls are-Webster's Falls in Ontario, Upper Whitewater Falls in North Carolina, Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon, Multnomah Falls in Oregon, The Lower Yellowstone Falls, and Niagara.  Have you seen any on the list? Which one on the list would you most like to visit? Prettiest waterfall not on the list that you've seen in person? I have seen the Yellowstone falls and they are beautiful. I would love to see the Yosemite Falls in spring again.  The last time we were there, was in August, and it was a trickle.



4. Looking back, what's something you wish you'd done as a teenager? I wish I had better self-esteem, I think I would have expressed my self out loud, if I had been as outspoken as my girls.

5. Ham...yes please or no thank you? If you said yes please which of the following do you like best-baked ham with all the trimmings, a ham and cheese sandwich, prosciutto with melon, a ham biscuit, a bowl of split pea and ham soup, or a slice of pizza topped with ham and pineapple? NO, I don't like ham, Sam I am.

6. Are you typical of your generation? How so? I am a Baby Boomer and fairly typical. I grew up in the 50's. Wikipedia's definition: 
  • Key characteristics: experimental, individualism, free spirited, social cause oriented.
It goes on to say: Starting in the 1980s, the boomers became more conservative, many of them regretting the cultural changes they brought in their youth. 

 I don't  necessarily agree with this statement. I am much more liberal than, say, Mr BC who was a war baby, and his cohorts here in the midwest. I just don't vocalize it, which has always been my problem, see question #4. 

7. April rolls in at the end of the week, and in keeping with that theme...'act the fool', 'nobody's fool' 'a fool's errand', 'could have fooled me'...which foolish idiom most recently applies to you? I am nobody's fool, as regard to Donald Trumps politics.  And he has fooled me regarding his staying power in the GOP, I have been saying....this will be his downfall....several times during his campaign. And to my dismay....he comes back.  I just said it again this morning! I don't think it will be true. This has been a election period that could change the US, not for the good, because it is so ugly.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. Enough seriousness, some puppies for your pleasure the last 2 are pictures of my silly Gwennie.





6 comments :

  1. I started a conservative and changed to a liberal by today's standards. Will Rogers was right. One good thing about Trump is my opinionated libertarian brother sounds more reasonable. Shallow victory I know.

    I love the existential dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the puppy pix! I've always leaned more liberal than conservative. Still do. But refuse to discuss politics with just about everybody. This is the very first time, since the first time I was old enough to vote, that I am considering not voting. I know I'll crack and end up voting, but it's just ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Yosemite in dry season, too, many many years ago. Would love to see the falls in full glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some good replies there. However, I daren't comment on Trump!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yosemite and Yellowstone both are on my list of places to see. I'm sorry for the commenting difficulties. I am not sure the reason. I do know Blogger made it so you need a gmail acct to comment via Blogger, so that might be some of the issue. Sometimes I just chalk these things up to the mysteries of the Internet : )

    ReplyDelete