Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Back in the Middle Again-Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Tell us about a time you found yourself 'in the middle of nowhere'. Was this deliberate?  When DD1 was about 4 years old, we had just moved to Cincinnati, so on Sundays we would go for a drive to get to know the area.  Sometimes we would go somewhere specific, and other times, we would get on a highway and drive, they have some beautiful barns in the country. One Sunday I said, "Oh, let's just get lost." and DD1 started crying, "I don't wannna get lost." We explained....and after that she would always want to know if we were lost, when we were out and about.  I always tried to choose my words better after that.

2. What's something you're 'in the middle of' today or this week? We are in the middle of our week with the grandsons and having a wonderful time.  They have grown so much and are little men.

3. At what age do you think 'middle age' begins? What does it mean to be 'middle aged'? I think middle age is your prime of life and begins sometime in your 40's and lasts a long time.

4. Ravioli, stuffed peppers, samosas, deviled eggs, steamed dumplings, pierogis, or a jelly donut...your favorite food (from this list!) with something yummy in the middle. Your favorite not on the list? They all sound yummy, I like cannoli. 

5. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying ''In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Would you agree? Have you found this to be true in your own life? Feel free to elaborate. I had a job in my younger mommy days that I didn't like. The bank was laying off and since I was 'last hired' I figured I would  be the first to be laid off and I could spend the summer with the girls and look for a new job.  They called me in and I was ready.... and they didn't fire me.  I had to scramble to find summer care....My Mom to the rescue!  About a week later I found an ad for a different job and was hired that day...I stayed 26 years with them loving most every day.

6. What's a song you remember loving from your middle school years? Do you love it still? Any of Chubby Checker's Twist music.  That was one dance I could do...no problem! They can still make me time travel! 

7. May 18th is National Visit Your Relatives Day. Will you celebrate? Which relative would you visit if time, distance, and expense were not considered. On that date I will still be in Santa Barbara with the boys, they would be my top choice any time.


Add caption
8. Insert your own random thought here. These pretty well sum up my grandparenting.



2 comments :

  1. Your first story turned my heart... I can imagine how a four year old would feel at the thought of getting lost. Carry on enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story about being lost reminded me of a time I WAS lost and the four year old in the back seat pointed that out to me! Lol! I love the quote at the end. How well I remember Chubby Checker and the Twist!

    ReplyDelete