1. It's officially summer (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Which summer month is best and why? Here in Missouri, there is NOT a single summer month, that is best. I hate summer. I hole up in the house with the AC, and only venture out to walk the dogs....early! Spring and Fall are the best months. I do miss living on the coast during the summer.
2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own? I took swimming lessons at the community pool in our town when I was in second grade. I took lessons at the YMCA when I was a little older, and in my freshman year of Junior College, where you had to take a semester of gym, (1966) I did a semester of swimming. I loved the pool. I have a pair of sunglasses that fit over my regular glasses.....very stylish!
3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others? Procrastination is the worst....While I am in my house in the summer, I put off everything. Cleaning my house.... I just hurried around yesterday to pick up the house, before the delivery of all Paul's medical supplies.
Paying bills, when I was cleaning the flat surface that is my dining room table, I found a bill that I thought I had lost, so I had to go last week to the city office in a rush to find out what I owed and pay it. It is the only bill I have to actually write a check for, as our town is so outdated, that I can't pay it over the phone or by computer.
Now, I tend to judge pessimism, disloyalty and greediness harshly in others.
4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What's a road (literal or figurative) you've always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you? I always wished, I had a chance to live and work for a while, in another country. At my age, I might still be able to travel to other countries but, I don't think I want to live anywhere else but here.
5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what's your favorite flavor?
Popsicles-Nay, because, sensitive teeth and brain freeze.
6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what's involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what's Brexit) Is this news you'll follow or is it something you think won't impact your life in any way shape or form?
I understand it like a 5 or and I believe it will impact the global economy and spread, I am not sure it will impact me directly....but I believe, and if Trump thinks it's good....it can't be! Will there be other exits? Could be.
7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The Missouri Legislature Republicans have enough votes to override the Governor's veto of a new law. The measure, which would allow people to carry concealed weapons without permits, that are needed under current law.
In a late Sunday interview with The Associated Press, Nixon cited concerns with a provision that would allow most people to carry concealed guns even if they haven't gone through the training currently required to get a permit. He said it should be left up to sheriffs to deny concealed carry permits and that changing those laws would mean "dramatic steps backward for public safety."
So untrained gunslingers will be walking the streets of Hooterville and its environs, thinking they are a well regulated militia, 'protecting' us all.