(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)
I wish I could give it a 10....so I wouldn't sound like a broken record. I have been complaining about the heat since June. It has been a boring summer, stuck in the house most of the day. 1=eh.
2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle).
I had Aunts and Uncles and I am an aunt to 2 nieces and 2 nephews. Uncle Bucky was my favorite . He was a big gruff teddy bear, who had a story for everything. When we were younger, he had a big gold front tooth, that I always though was attractive.....???? I wanted to know how to get one. He told me that when he was my age and he lost his front tooth, it came in gold, because he never, ever stuck his tongue in the space. Of course, I had 2 chances for a gold tooth and was never successful.
My niece Megan was about one and sitting in the highchair eating at our house. Our puppy at the time Tai was a jumper and he was jumping up at Megan making her anxious. Mr BC yelled NO Tai, and Megan began crying. It wasn't her he was yelling at, but, she wouldn't have it....She wouldn't smile or go to him until she was about 3 years old. I still tease him that she loves me best.
|Megan and Aunt Katie, she still loves me most!|
I haven't had one for a while but I love chocolate dipped frozen Bananas. Bread dipped in fondue cheese is great. I haven't had that for a while either.
4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain. No explanation needed....Trump making it so far in the presidential run-up. I am astonished and dismayed, there is a chance he could win.
5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered? I keep some of Mr BCs health information on a clip board, also information on emergency procedures, so that it is close at hand.
6. What's your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?
David and Goliath: David, a young boy, kills Goliath, a giant, with a stone, by faith.
7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?
Boston, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Anchorage. I've been to San Francisco, but I love it. The other cities would be new to me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I really like Michele Obama, I think she is a fantastic First Lady, Mother and Human. It was when my so called Facebook friends started posting mean things about her that I started hiding them.