Wednesday, October 05, 2011

My sound track

Think Geek- Personal Soundtrack T-Shirt
I am visiting in Santa Barbara and enjoying myself immensely.  I am here with my 2 Darling Daughters and my grandson Лука.  An amazing thing about  Лука is, that when he goes about his life, he has a sound track that is quite audible, Of course there are the usual "boy sounds" air planes flying, trains running and tooting, and moist raspberries slurping off his tongue. However he is very musical as well. Sometimes its the Wheels on the Bus, or You are my Sunshine, even the theme song from Jaws, other times it is a Serbian Ditty, or it is just sounds of humming, words not necessary. His life right now is a continuous narrative with music and singing and dancing, he is only quiet when he sleeps.

 
Лука's pleasure in music and song reminds me that we all have soundtracks that run in the background of our lives that include music and song that we love. Muzak of a different kind. My music is not just one song, it includes Classical, Rock and Roll and even Country.  Favorite singers are Pavoratti, Chuck Berry, or the Dixie Chicks. Mr Bankerchick's song is Devil with the Blue Dress On, mine is my grandson singing You are My Sunshine.


The Prompts this week:
1.) Share a disagreement you’re having with someone and let your readers be the judge!
2.) Tell us about your song.
3.) Share a Halloween craft.
4.) Slow dancing with boys…talk about one of your first school dance experiences.
5.) I have no idea where the following message originated from, but it’s been floating around Facebook for the past week…who does it make you think about?


6 comments :

  1. All great songs in their own right! My friends tell me that "mine" is the flight of the bumble bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! I will be sure to listen for my son's soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Klaw isn't singing or humming any songs yet, but he does hum for the sake of humming. It's music to my ears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I responded to this post also, and I referred to the soundtrack of my life also!! :) I love how you are so in tune with your grandson...everyone needs someone who loves them to hear their song. Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My own life is done in soundtrack, as well...and I believe it to be the same for most other people as well. It's been a while since my sons were little, but I adored hearing their musical noises when they were younger. And now, one of my teenagers makes lots of music with his guitar :)

    Just here a little late from Mama Kat's...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son loves music as well. There is not one moment when he isn't humming or singing or dancing to something. Listening to him sing or watching him dance absolutely makes my day!

    ReplyDelete