Saturday, March 24, 2012

Saturday Nine-Come Dancing

1. When was the last time that you went out dancing?
Mr BC and I are not a dancing couple so we don't purposely go out dancing. We last danced together at our daughter's wedding.  His mother, however went dancing almost every Saturday night until about a month before she passed away. She belonged to the local Anti Horse Thief Association (really!...a lodge/social group) Mr BC often went with her when he came to MO for a visit. I don't think he danced, but he was asked.

2. Have you ever had an argument with a teacher?
Oh yes, When we lived in Michigan in the 70's, corporal punishment was still practiced in some public schools. DD1, a kindergartner came home and told me her teacher spanked her, something that we rarely did to either of the girls even though it was less frowned upon. I was horrified and went down to the school and made a huge stink. I was smuggly told that state law permitted it and it was a teacher's discretion to implement. Luckily we were about to move and about 2 months later I was able to put her in a more enlightened school.

3. Do you have a tough time remembering people’s names?
I have always had a good memory so when I struggle for names and places now, it is rather disconcerting. I have a hard time laughing it off, because I imagine folks are thinking how I am so old. I suppose it is somewhat of a given because of our age, but I hate it when it happens to me. Last night I fussed at Mr BC because he couldn't remember something I had told him already and had to apologize. 

4. Would you rather change your past or know your future?
Coming up on the far side of my life, I think I would rather change the past.  I am not sure I want to see to far into the future it might be too short.

5. What’s one thing you feel you must do in your life before it ends?
Ah, the bucket list, there is more than one thing on it. I guess it would be to renew our passports and travel with Mr BC.

6. How many credit cards do you have right now that have a zero balance?
One.

7. What is the most expensive thing you purchased this year?
So far, a new laptop and printer.

8 . If you're married, this probably doesn't apply to you, but: Are you mindful about getting tested for STDs/HIV at least semi-regularly? Why/why not? Married people: Were you mindful about this type of thing when you were single? Why/why not?
In the 60's this was not something you did, though std's were around, HIV wasn't.  So unless one was symptomatic,(maybe not even then) one was not tested. Good girls would not have to worry about this....yeah, right.

9. If you could ask the president of the United States one question, what would it be?
How can we get the country to rally around universal health care?


6 comments :

  1. Love the anti-horse thief association. Too funny. Your question and past/future answers are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question for the president!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some private schools here that still believe in corporal punishment.


    Have a great rest of your day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/03/finish-the-darn-laundry/

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 is a big yes for me. I swore as a Mom I would be involved in my children's school. That meant on the nice side, sitting on the PTA board for 9 years, but on the Mother Bear side, I have never been afraid to go to a teacher and ask for an explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MWM isn't a dancer but will dance with me if I ask him. I love dancing. :)

    Nice getting to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete