The idea for this came from Harriet, who suggested the baseball theme.
1) “Sweet Caroline” has been sung during every Boston Red Sox home game since the 1990s. (Click here to watch Neil Diamond lead the fans in the first game after April’s bombing.) Do you know the words well enough to sing along?
Sweet Caroline, Bap Bah Bah. Good times never seemed so good. That's it!
2) Do you have a favorite major league baseball team?
Not really, though I have gone to Angel and Dodger games when we use to have team building outings at work. I have a pink Angel's
3) Budweiser is the “official beer of major league baseball.” Do you reach for a cold beer on a hot summer day?
No, I don't like the taste of beer, although I drank it at parties when I was younger because it was there.
4) Every season, more than a million Vienna Beef Hot Dogs are consumed by baseball fans at Chicago’s Wrigley Field. When you get a hot dog, what do you put on it?
Chili Dogs, especially at the beach. That's the best!
5) The odds of a fan in the stands being hit by a baseball are 300,000 to 1. The odds of winning the lottery are (approximately) 1 in 12,000,000. Do you play the lottery?
Not very often...I hate to lose money gambling.
6) Though his song has been adopted by faithful Boston the Red Sox fans, Neil Diamond was born and raised in New York City. Have you ever visited The Big Apple?
No, I wouldn't mind spending a couple of days there. I once stayed overnight at a hotel at the airport. But that's not visiting the city.
7) Baseball players are notoriously superstitious. For example, the Cubs’ Matt Garza eats Popeye’s fried chicken every day that he pitches. Joltin’ Joe DiMaggio touched second with his foot every time he ran on or off the field. Do you have any superstitions?
I think I instinctively don't step on cracks (break your mother's back) but mainly because I broke my ankle stepping on a crack and into a pothole, one Christmas. The girls and I believe that a butterfly around us, is my mom looking over us. It is pretty significant. DD1 is in escrow on a house, in part, because a butterfly was playing with Caшa, in the back yard. Butterflies are fluttering around during important occasions.
8) A ball signed by Babe Ruth can fetch tens of thousands of dollars at auction. Have you ever asked a celebrity for his/her autograph?
We once got Betty White's autograph at the LA Zoo. And Mr BC got Al Unser's autograph at the LA Grand Prix many years ago.
9) Baseball means summer and summer means sun. Are you working on a tan, or do you slather on the sunscreen?
I ought to use sunscreen more, but I don't actively seek the sun, so I wear hats and I don't lay out when swimming.