Sunday, July 28, 2013

The ABC'S of Me-Sunday Stealing



Massive Alphabet Meme, part one

The Letter A
Are you agnostic?
I probably fall within the definition of a pragmatic agnostic. The view that there is no proof of either the existence or nonexistence of any deity, but since any deity that may exist appears unconcerned for the universe or the welfare of its inhabitants, the question is largely academic. I prefer to believe that I am a humanist.
What is your age?
I turned 66 last Thursday.
What annoys you?
So many things....mainly the daily news.

The Letter B
Do you like bacon?
Yes, but I don't eat it very often. I will usually select it when I go out to breakfast.
When is your birthday?
In July.
Who is your best friend?
Mr Bankerchick, and I am very fond of Maggie, of Maggie and Jiggs fame. 

The Letter C
What is your favorite candy?
Over all...Red Vines.  But my grocery store has a Cherry Mash at the check out and I treat myself to one, every week. True nostalgia.
Who is your crush?

Sean Connery.When was the last time you cried?
At a sad movie.

The Letter D
Do you daydream?
I use to, but now that you mention it.....not so much anymore....must be my age.
What is your favorite kind of dog?
My Corgi and my Jackawawa of course.
What day of the week is it?
I am doing this on Saturday.  We are going to a British car show and Art Walk later this afternoon.


The Letter E
How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled with onions, peppers and mushrooms.
Have you ever been in the emergency room?
Not recently. The last time was when I broke my ankle and foot, several years ago.  It still bothers me occasionally.
What’s the easiest thing to ever do?
Love and spoil my grandsons to distraction.

The Letter F
Have you ever flown in a plane?
Sure.
Do you use fly swatters?
Unfortunately, I have one sitting on the table next to me right now.  The dogs don't go in and outside fast enough.
Have you ever used a foghorn?
I have had heavy head colds that have made my voice sound like a foghorn. 


The Letter G
Do you chew gum?
Not any more...I have too much dental work and chewing gum feels like I am pulling it all apart....the same with any thing sticky and chewy.
Ever tried gazpacho?
Yes, but I am not fond of cold soups.
Are you a giver or taker?
I hope I am a giver.


The Letter H
How are you?
I am fine....You?  I am getting ready for a trip to Santa Barbara next month
What’s your height?
5'4"
What color is your hair?
Silvery brown. More white than brown now days.

The Letter I
What is your favorite ice-cream?
Mint Chocolate Chip
Have you ever ice-skated?
When I was a kid, I fell in love with the Winter Olympics because of the figure skating. I was not very good, but I could go around the rink. I had a friend who could skate really well.  We skated at the old Pasadena Winter Garden.
Do you play an instrument?
No.  I wish I did.  Mr Bankerchick can play a baritone.

The Letter J
What is your favorite jelly bean?
Black ones....then cinnamon ones.
Do you wear jewelry?
My ears are pierced and I usually wear studs in them when I remember and right now my wedding ring does not fit.
Have you heard a really hilarious joke? So Rene Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says to him "Hey Rene, having the usual tonight?" Descartes says "I think not," and disappears.

The Letter K
Whom do you want to kill?

Oh my goodness, no one!
Do you want kids?
I have kids, thank you very much.
Where did you go to kindergarten?
James Madison Elementary School....Mrs. Smith was my teacher.

The Letter L
Are you laid-back? 

I try to be, but usually I am more uptight.
Do you lie?
Sometimes, but only little white one. I don't like to hurt people's feelings.
Do you love anyone? Yes!

The Letter M
What is your favorite movie? The Big Chill.

Do you still watch Disney movies? Yes, with my Grandsons.
Do you like Mangos? Yes, especially mango sherbet!

7 comments :

  1. I like your answer to the first questions, a lot. Oh a trip to SB to see your grand babies, how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Good joke in there!

    The Menger Hotel here in San Antonio makes a great mango ice cream that you would love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, The Big Chill!!! I love that movie and it has the best soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Mint chocolate chip is my favorite, too. And since you mentioned The Big Chill, I have "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" running through my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed by your response to A. Nicely written, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun way to get to know people and find out just how much we have in common. I like to think I'm a humanist as well. And Happy Birthday if it's coming up, hope it was a good one if it's already passed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I missed your birthday, belated birthday greetings, I hope you had a lovely day. x

    ReplyDelete