Saturday, January 04, 2014
1) In 1998, Cher became the oldest woman to top the Billboard Hot 100 with "Believe." She was 52 at the time. At what age do you think you did hit/will hit your prime?
I believe I hit my prime in my early 40's. I was very happy with everything I was doing and did it well. I was in top form professionally.
2) Cher is as well known for her outrageous outfits as for her singing. What's the latest piece of clothing you added to your wardrobe?
I went to Ross to get 2 short sleeved tops. All I had taken with me were long sleeves and it was warm enough for short sleeves. Of course I also bought a pair of shoes. Christmas vacation a good reason to shop.
3) Cher credits her unique looks to her diverse ethnicity. Her father was Armenian and her mom is English/German/Cherokee. From where did your ancestors come? Mainly the British Isles.
My fraternal grandmother has French Huguenot roots. Every one on both sides came from Oklahoma.
4) When she was a little girl, Cher produced and starred in a schoolyard production of Oklahoma. Were you involved in drama or theater in school?
No not really...DD2 is the actress/singer in the family. She has a double degree in theater and psychology.
5) Cher is open about her plastic surgery, speaking freely about having had her breasts 'done', her nose bobbed and her teeth straightened. If you could change one physical feature about yourself, which would it be? And what would you never change, under any circumstances?
I would have liked a breast reduction when I was younger....though age has done the trick, now that I am a senior citizen. I would never mess with my eyes or my smile.
6) There's a stubborn rumor, often denied, that Cher had a rib removed so that she could maintain her long and lean silhouette. What's the most outrageous thing anyone has said of you?
That I might be lazy. When I have to....like after Christmas in Santa Barbara...I work hard. But I am somewhat work adverse and will look for easier ways to do things.
7) When she was a kid, Cher practiced her autograph. Do you have a clear, legible signature? Or is it more of a scrawl?
I had a legible signature until I went to work in a job where signing and initialing my name at the end of the day.....many times....straight lined the last part of my name.
8) Cher asks, "Do you believe in life after love?" Crazy Sam's question is easier and less profound: Do you believe in luck? Not really....I don't believe in fate either or predestination. I believe we make our own luck. Sometimes good things and bad happen to people.
9) Did you make any resolutions for 2014?
No, however Mr BC and my WORD for 2014 is Move more.