1. TV Theme songs. Which is your favorite, and which makes you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote? I really liked the theme from MASH, especially when I found out it was called Suicide is Painless....how ironic. The theme song from Mr Ed was awful. I don't think modern theme songs are as annoying, as I can't think of any off hand.
2. The Classics. What is your favorite Classic TV show? The Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy.
3. What character from a Classic TV show would you like to be?
I wanted to be Mary Richards from The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
4. Can you remember a line you liked from a Classic TV show?
"And that's the way it is" (Walter Cronkite, CBS Evening News)
"Jane, you ignorant slut" (Dan Aykroyd to Jane Curtin, Saturday Night Live) comes to mind as I just saw it recently.
5. Heroes. What show featuring those who protect your country (fiction or non-fiction) is your favorite? President Bartlet on West Wing. When it was new, I was always wishing he was the real President.
6. TV Cops. Who is your favorite (past or present) TV cop? Barney Miller Which TV cop do you think was the most crooked?Michael Chiklis in The Shield or the most inept? Barney Fife!
7. You need to hire a bodyguard for yourself. Which TV cop do you choose? Jim Rockford from The Rockford Files. James Garner is a favorite of mine from his Maverick days.
8. TV Doctors. Which TV doctor would you choose to remove your appendix? Dr Ross from ER (George Clooney) Which TV doctor would you not let touch you with a 10- foot pole? Any of the doctors from The Mindy Project or Scrubs.
9. TV Moms. Which TV mom would you have liked to have had for your own? The Waltons Olivia Walton was very nurturing in tough times. Is there a TV mom you would never want as your own? Peg Bundy or January Jones as mom in Mad Men....as a 50's/60's mom....my mom was great.
10. TV Dads. Which TV Dad would you have most liked to have for your own dad? Andy Taylor he always had great advice for Opie. On the flipside, who was the TV Dad you’d have least liked to have had? Tony Soprano.
11. Comedies. How do you feel about sitcoms? Good, wholesome fun or saccharine inanity? Too many of the comedies make the dad the butt of all the jokes. There are a lot of them, I liked, along the way....I really liked the family in The Waltons.
12. If your life was a sitcom, what would the title be?
13. If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage? Nope!
14. Reality. Are you a fan of Reality TV? Not really, tho I am drawn to the show Hoarders. I think the folks on that show are psychologically fascinating and horrifying. What’s your “can’t miss” reality TV show (or shows), Anything on HGTV, what reality TV show do you suppose the devil plays on the TV in Hell as punishment? The swapping wives shows....any of the housewives from hell shows.
15. If you were given a free ticket to be on any reality show, which one would you choose? I would like to have my home Crashed by Bathroom Crashers or Yard Crashers.