Saturday, November 15, 2014

All About the Smiles Sat9

Saturday 9: All About that Bass (2014)       
(A special request from Smellyann)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here

1) This song is body positive. In that spirit: What physical feature would you never change, no matter what? 
My smile.

2) The lyrics mention how often the media uses Photoshop to present a more ideal female form. Is Photoshop on your computer? If so, do you know how to use it?  No I had an early version on a old desktop many years ago. I did not use it but DD2 did.


3) She also sings about Mattel's Barbie doll. According to Toys R Us, this year's best-selling doll is not Barbie but Disney's Elsa. Have you seen Frozen? Yes, It was ok.  I still prefer Tangled to Frozen,



4) In the video, Meghan dances merrily around her twin bed with its pink head/footboard. Describe your bed to us. I have a lovely metal head board with vines and birds on it, and the best memory foam mattress in the world.
5) Ms. Trainor began writing songs when she was 11. Would you find it easier to write lyrics or music? 
I make up my own lyrics....it use to drive the girls crazy.

6) Meghan recently performed "All About that Bass" on the CMAs with country star Miranda Lambert. Who is your favorite country singer? I loved the Dixie Chicks and still listen to them when I can.  I hate that they were berated for their opinions of George W,  I don't discriminate the country world for their conservative values I like country music.  The fandom should have left them alone.


7) In September, Meghan had to cancel several concerts because of throat trouble. Are you battling a cold, cough or sore throat this morning? My throat is sore and I am sneezing allergies...I need to dig out the humidifier.

8) Meghan was born in Nantucket, MA. "Nantucket" is an Algonquian name that means, "faraway island." How did your town get its name/what does it mean? It was named after a miner named Carter. But because of the pot holes I call it Craterville.

9) According to the National Weather Service, between rain and snow, winter brings Nantucket the most precipitation it sees all year. How is the weather where you are today? We've been cold and  some snow is expected tonight.

10 comments :

  1. I remember the flare-up with the Dixie Chicks. Our world amazes me in the way various groups gang up on others. The hatred is scary, and there is so much of it. Why can't we all just get along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody tells Clint Eastwood, "Shut up and act." I think conservatives can be so hypocritical and intolerant.

    I need a new mattress. Must look into memory foam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weather is just like mine for today! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Dixie Chicks, too! I was listening to them on my summer road trip, singing away at the top of my lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dixie Chicks got a raw deal because they were women. A man wouldn't have so severe a backlash. I hate that women are still treated differently here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cartoon about the lyrics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Dixie Chick thing seems mild compared to what people say today

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also had to laugh at the cartoon about lyrics. My son doesn't like when I do that. haha. We have a lot of bad potholes here, too, especially after it rains, so maybe we should be renamed Craterville as well. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've often wondered what those memory foam mattresses were like. Should I try one, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love a memory foam mattress. we have cheap, crappy ones and they are due for replacement. Maybe with the next tax refund...?

    ReplyDelete