Friday, November 21, 2014

Getting Ready for the Holidays Edition-Friday Fragments

Half-Past Kissin' Time
Joining  Mrs 4444 for Friday Fragments 


I currently don't have a working vacuum and the weather this week has kept me from getting to the repair shop...No vacuum during the holidays.....Uggh.  I  resorted to using the shop vacuum.  I was not totally effective.

I still am without a new computer battery, and Mr BC and I will share the charger adapter, until we get out to CA.  I ordered on from Amazon but sent it to DD1 by mistake.  Anyway, I look at the computer, on the couch, close to Mr BC in his recliner. When the puppies want to move from his lap to mine, they don't jump down and walk over they try to climb over the technology, instead.



We will be doing Thanksgiving with DD2 on Wednesday since it is her day off and she is working Thanksgiving.  She works and I worked in an environment where we had to work many holidays.  I never really minded as we could usually choose the hours we wanted and got really good holiday pay for the time.  As a mom with grown kids and her as a single it seemed worth it.  I am not really sure what the fuss is.  In many careers folks often have to work the holidays, there is usually a trade off of some kind. We were still able to have the family time. Post like this are all over my Facebook. I think these folks might be a little sanctimonious! 


Also, this post is something I found on Facebook as well. I think my friend and everyone else has the right to say this to anyone, it is an expression of their beliefs. But there are others out there who celebrate a more secular holiday or even a different one.



I wanted to post this in answer. I wish we were able to just say thank you. Why can't we celebrate the way we want to and respond positively to make others feelings appreciated and well wished as well without making a fuss.

Click to Biggify







5 comments :

  1. I used to work during the holidays as well. It is amazing how well families adapt to your work schedule. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I don't think I could manage without a vacuum - even though these days I don't use it myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the vacuum, but we're doing Thanksgiving without an oven, so I'm not feeling overly sympathetic.haha Mr.4444 will put the bird on the Weber, and I'll use the Nesco to cook a couple of other dishes. We'll see how the rest goes; wish us luck.

    I've worked plenty of holidays, and as far as I'm concerned, it's not the day that's important; it's the celebration. For example, we had our "Thanksgiving" with the kids a week ago because Kyle didn't think Thursday would work for his work schedule. I'm just grateful we could share a meal together.

    Thanks for linking up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED working on the holidays, and I think if people want to work that should be respected without the guilt trip. Not everyone has to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never worked on the holidays OUTSIDE the home. Ha! Though I have been grateful to those who do. I don't go out and shop Thanksgiving weekend but that's just because I can't tolerate the shoppers. LOL

    ReplyDelete