Saturday 9: Lucky Star (1983)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1. Have you ever wished upon a star? Sure didn't everyone who watched Disney wish on Stars. It was usually Venus the Evening Star.....that must be why the wishes were usually answered.
2. In the 1980s, Madonna considered her wrist bangles one of her fashion trademarks. What's one of your fashion trademarks? Sweat pants and flannel Jammie bottoms. It is cold here.
3. Though she got good grades, Madonna could be disruptive at school, known for turning cartwheels in the halls between classes. Can you do a cartwheel? Nope
4. Her high grade point average earned her a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan, home of the Wolverines. Do you follow college football?
5. Madonna co-starred in the movie version of Dick Tracy. Do you enjoy comics? I enjoy the X-Men Movies but I don't think I would have cared about the comic books, like Mr BC.
6. She played Argentinian First Lady Eva Peron in the biopic, Evita and directed a movie about Wallis Simpson. What famous 20th century woman do you wish you could meet/could have met? So many intresting women. Either Eleanor Roosevelt or Audrey Hepburn. They both were influential and led fascinating lives.
7. Madonna authored a children's book called The English Roses. Tell us about a book that had a big impact on you when you were a kid. I read Exodus, by Leon Uris, when I was 11 or 12. A neighbor gave it to me. I was not aware of the Holocaust before that age.
8. One of Madonna's "vocal idols" is Ella Fitzgerald. Who is your all-time favorite female singer?
9. Madonna once did a Pepsi commercial. What beverages are in your refrigerator right now? Apple Cider, Milk, Sierra Mist and Cran-Grape.