Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Fever-Wednesday Hodgepodge

Time to join Joyce from This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge, I always enjoy her questions.
1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?


This movie has some of my favorite actresses in it. It was funny and dramatic and a bit of a thriller.

2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck? I don't believe in luck...I somewhat believe in miracles...but I am not sure of cause and effect, that would mean because we are bad...bad things happen, or an angry god or something like that.  I think bad things and good things just happen randomly, and if we use our brains and seek answers, we can impact the bad things. 

3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now? 
Probably Spring fever, with the winter we had, and the brown that is all around, I am ready for my forsythia, and tulips to spring up and out. 


4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident? 
I get up early and go to the mall to walk.  I am up to 2 miles.  I hope I will look better eventually and I know I feel better now and that makes me confident.

5.  It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery? No, celery has too much salt in it for Mr BC and I don't really like it much raw. I was the one who would eat the cheese and peanut butter out of it and leave the celery on my plate, when I was a kid.  I don't mind celery in cooked food

6. What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner?
To chose and create my own values and beliefs rather than following the crowd or the norm. I am glad that I have finally learned to think for myself, That does not mean rejection of everything I have ever learned, instead I do what makes me happy, I say no when I need to follow my path. 

7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?  I would like a little cottage in maybe Oxfordshire or the Cotswold's.  I would use it as a base for travel and touring the British Isles.  This would do nicely.



8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
The dogs go for their monthly grooming and that usually means that I go shopping at the mall and other places just an afternoon to myself, but it is raining and Mr BC offered to go with me to drop them off because he feels guilty sending me off by myself.  I asked if he really felt guilty or was he watching the pocket book as I went off to shop and he laughed!  It's kind of dreary so I will do my afternoon to myself, another day.  He is going out to CA in April and leaving me with the dogs, to see the grandsons and visit other family.  I am looking forward to the vacation....then I can go off by myself all I want. We often get off by ourselves, it makes getting back together sweet.



3 comments :

  1. Slipping off to shop by yourself is a pleasure. My big breaks in the day are either dropping my brother off or picking him up. Half of the time I have someone coming along for the ride but it is nice to leave a little early and stop at a store or park and read my book in the driveway. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fried Green Tomatoes... the film sounds interesting, I will have to seek it out. I hope one day your wish for a cottage (reasonably close to me) in the Cotswolds comes true. It is a lovely part of the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind a little cottage in the Cotswalds either : ) My hubs worked in Oxford for six years so we spent a lot of time in that part of England. We lived closer to London though. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete