Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. 'In like a lion, out like a lamb'...does the first part of this saying describing March weather ring true  where you live? 
Oh yes!  It is cold and blustery, snow and sleet is going to happen tonite. Mr BC says some of the worst storms can happen in March, around here. Then of course, tornado season will happen soon after, some times the lamb never arrives.

2. March 4th is National Grammar Day. What common grammatical error bothers you the most? 
Using Myself, instead of I or me, when it is more appropriate and saying Me and Mr Bankerchick instead of Mr Bankerchick and I.



3. William Arthur Ward says- 'The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.' Which one are you? 
I think I am an optimistic realist. I am sure I can adjust the sails.

4. What's something you need to 'march forth and conquer' this month? The carpet in the dining room needs to be pulled up and a new floor put in. Also we need to renew our passports this month.

5. An ongoing debate around here...do you dust first, then vacuum or vacuum first, then dust? Of the two routine household chores, which do you dislike the least? How's that for wording? 
I hate to dust, I would rather vacuum. 


Sleeping Beauty's Castle Anaheim, CA
6. According to thrilllist.com, the ten most photographed sites in the U.S.A. are- Cinderella's Castle in Orlando, Southernmost House in Key West Florida, The Space Needle in Seattle, The Site of the Boston Massacre in Boston, The Bellagio Lake/fountains in Las Vegas, The Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, Coit Tower in San Francisco, The Art Institute of Chicago, Niagara Falls, and snagging the number one spot-The Guggenheim Museum in New York City. How many on this list have you photographed? Which on the list would you most like to visit and photograph? I have seen the sites marked in red, but I am not a photographer. We do have some snapshots with the kids, of the Coit Tower Snow White's Castle in Anaheim and the Lincoln memorial. 

7. Fifty years ago Monday (March 2, 1965) The Sound of Music premiered at the Rivoli Theatre in NYC. Have you seen the film? Do you own a copy? On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love it (or not)? Ten=best movie ever. If you're a fan, what's your favorite scene or song from the movie? 
There was a tape of The Sound of Music that we owned at one time.  It is, maybe about a 6-7 on my best movie list. I remember learning Climb Every Mountain and Favorite Things in music class.  I saw the play, with a young Florence Henderson, at the Philharmonic Theater in Los Angeles.....so many years ago.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Tuesday was Mr Bankerchick's Birthday.  He turned 72.  He had a simple dinner request, tuna sandwiches, french fries and ice cream. This morning he woke up a little under the weather.....too much birthday excitement!  It looks to be milder later this week.  I hope he feels better so we can go out to celebrate a little.

6 comments :

  1. I like your take on #3. You're an optimist realist. That sounds like me...unless we're actually talking about the real wind and I'm definitely a pessimist. I especially hate winter wind! I have always been a fan of Julie Andrew's The Sound of Music, but on a scale 1-10, I'd think I'd give it 7. I enjoy it, but not enough to watch it yearly like some do. Oh, I do the same thing. I'll say OW when I bump into something when it doesn't hurt. I sorta get why you turn the radio down when you read road signs because I do that when I read or compose blog posts. I think my brain interprets music as being too distracting for me to either hear myself think/read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your husband feels better. My son woke up today all stuffy. It seems like the germs are all cooped up this winter. I guess that adds to the anticipation of Spring.
    I like the cartoon about the optimist. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, so sorry to hear that your hubby isn't feeling well. I hope he feels better soon!
    By the way, I loved his simple dinner request :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the songs from The Sound of Music, they are amazing! Happy Birthday to Mr. Bankerchick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's the simple things : ) And I do love a good tuna fish sandwich! Happy birthday to your hubs...hope he's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, hope the birthday boy is feeling better and I love tuna too and I'm always ready for a sandwich and especially off the grill. Happy cold weather to you! :o))

    ReplyDelete