1. 'In like a lion, out like a lamb'...does the first part of this saying describing March weather ring true where you live?
Oh yes! It is cold and blustery, snow and sleet is going to happen tonite. Mr BC says some of the worst storms can happen in March, around here. Then of course, tornado season will happen soon after, some times the lamb never arrives.
2. March 4th is National Grammar Day. What common grammatical error bothers you the most?
Using Myself, instead of I or me, when it is more appropriate and saying Me and Mr Bankerchick instead of Mr Bankerchick and I.
3. William Arthur Ward says- 'The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.' Which one are you?
I think I am an optimistic realist. I am sure I can adjust the sails.
4. What's something you need to 'march forth and conquer' this month? The carpet in the dining room needs to be pulled up and a new floor put in. Also we need to renew our passports this month.
5. An ongoing debate around here...do you dust first, then vacuum or vacuum first, then dust? Of the two routine household chores, which do you dislike the least? How's that for wording?
I hate to dust, I would rather vacuum.
|Sleeping Beauty's Castle Anaheim, CA|
7. Fifty years ago Monday (March 2, 1965) The Sound of Music premiered at the Rivoli Theatre in NYC. Have you seen the film? Do you own a copy? On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love it (or not)? Ten=best movie ever. If you're a fan, what's your favorite scene or song from the movie?
There was a tape of The Sound of Music that we owned at one time. It is, maybe about a 6-7 on my best movie list. I remember learning Climb Every Mountain and Favorite Things in music class. I saw the play, with a young Florence Henderson, at the Philharmonic Theater in Los Angeles.....so many years ago.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tuesday was Mr Bankerchick's Birthday. He turned 72. He had a simple dinner request, tuna sandwiches, french fries and ice cream. This morning he woke up a little under the weather.....too much birthday excitement! It looks to be milder later this week. I hope he feels better so we can go out to celebrate a little.