Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Two more Mondays

Well retirement is looming on the horizon.  I have started to have anxiety dreams about it.  I am trying not to go into short-timer mode, I have to admit that I sometimes say "Screw it, I don't have to do that anymore." However, I am in the middle of my last class and have to have these folks ready to move on.
My most common dream is I am at home, sometimes the kids are little, sometimes I am just watching TV, it is afternoon and I realize I should be at work and I haven't let my boss know that I am not coming in and I don't have a good excuse for not being there.  I try to call and I can't dial the number, or I or the phone doesn't work.  The one I had this weekend, I actually got hold of my boss and he said ominously "I know what this is all about." I had the impression I would be fired since I didn't come in.....Oh my!
I went to Santa Barbara this weekend to see the grandson after about a month, and of course, he has turned into a different kid.  He is a solid little boy and looks like he is 3 or 4 instead of 2 and a half, and goodness he can talk; in two languages even.  He sure loves his gamma and grandpa.  It was a real boost to see him after 3 weeks of being sick. We always have to leave early on Sundays to beat the traffic and I miss him the minute we get on the freeway.  I look forward to coming up in the middle of the week and staying an extra day if I want.  And especially not having to call the boss about not coming into work.

2 comments :

  1. I understand the anxiety, I was like that too just before I retired. Now I wonder what I was worried about - it's fabulous! You're gonna have such a good time honey pleasing yourself instead of your boss. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have anxiety after I retired. It took about three years before I could sleep past five in the morning. I'd wake up at night and look at the clock, thinking I had overslept.

    It's nice to do things mid week when you want and stay as long as you want. You will love having more time with that little guy.
    I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete