Thursday, July 28, 2011

Writers Workshop: The Boss


1.) A moment your realized your child was growing up.

2.) Amy Winehouse died. Another name amidst a growing list of talented celebrities lost to addiction. Your reaction.
3.) What do you miss most about the school year?
4.) Share a favorite craft or game that will keep your kids busy for at least 20 minutes.
5.) Write a post where the first and last sentence contain any form of the word “boss.”





Monday, my boss took me and the other trainers to dinner at Northwoods Inn.  It is one of my favorite places to eat and a great place to go for celebrations and we were celebrating my birthday and my retirement. 

On the previous Thursday, in our management meeting I was given a party and presented with retirement gifts.  We talked about what the Center was like in the early days, and we reminisced about all of the good times and a lot of the folks said some nice things about me too. I trained many of them when they first came to work at the Phone Bank.

I have worked with many of these folks for over 25 years and I will miss not seeing them everyday, but I won't miss the work.  I have seen many of them grow into the positions they hold now and that includes the young man who, started as a phone banker and now holds the position of my boss!

3 comments :

  1. Congratulations on your retirement and happy birthday to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss some of the people I used to work with but certainly don't miss going to work. You're going to love retirement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your retirement. Here's to the next chapter in your life!

    ReplyDelete