Memorial Day was introduced to honor the men and women who died while serving the in the United States Armed Forces. We want to make sure that message is not forgotten this weekend.
1) This recording was made live at St. Patrick's Cathedral, during Sen. Robert Kennedy's funeral. While both of Bobby's older brothers were decorated war heroes, he served too -- enlisting in the Navy in 1943. Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? (We are grateful and want to hear about it.)
Mr BC was in the Navy when we met. After we married we moved to Key West, FL and I spent his last year of enlistment, as a Navy wife. During his 6 years he spent time on ships firing off the coast of Vietnam and was often in Japan.
2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food?
I don't really care to picnic, but I would say watermelon.
3) Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
In the 60's and 70's Mr BC wore English Leather and Hai Karate. If it were still made, I could find him in the dark. My Mom use to wear Jean Nate during the same time. I don't think any of it is made anymore.
4) When was the last time you had your hair cut or trimmed?
Last month, I need to go again. I wear my hair very short.
5) Crazy Sam runs on Dunkin'. Are you loyal to a particular brand of coffee?
Not really, although I like Morning Joe from Trader Joe's when I can get it.
6) If money was no object, what home improvement would you like to make this summer?
I would redo the kitchen, especially the slope in the floor.
7) What was the last thing you bought purely for your own enjoyment?
Mini Cinnamon rolls.
8) When was the last time you rode a bike?
I can't remember, I think it was when DD1 was in the Brownies.
9) Sam worries that many of her song selections reflect her decidedly Baby Boomer sensibilities. Is there a song or a performer that you'd like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer?
I am partial to FUN right now. I liked the Dixie Chicks also Tony Bennett and Justin Timberlake.