Saturday, May 18, 2013

Greased Lightening....Saturday 9


1) Greased Lightnin' was the name of a car. Have you ever given your car a name? 
Yes, we currently drive Miss Tiffany and Rosie.  In the garage is Becca's Bee and the Duchess. We even named our RV, Cozette. I posted about it in 2007, here.

2) Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash this weekend?
Always. The cars sit out in the weather because, she says shamefully, there is no room for them in the garage. 


3) This song is from the soundtrack of the movie Grease, the biggest money-making movie musical of all time. Have you ever seen it?
Only once. It's not a favorite musical.
 
4) John Travolta's astrological sign is Aquarius. What's yours?
I'm a Leo (cusp) but I really feel like I am more like the Cancer traits.

5)  In addition to being John Travolta's birthplace, Englewood, New Jersey, played a significant role in telecommunications history. In 1951, Englewood's mayor made the first-ever direct dial long-distance call in the United States. Now it's your turn. Tell us something about your birthplace. 
St Luke's Hospital in Pasadena.  Home of the Rose Parade. I tried to look it up, it is no longer a hospital, but has been made a historic landmark so it has not been torn down. It has issues because of earthquakes.

6) Travolta is an excellent dancer. How are you on the dance floor?
Mr BC and I haven't danced since DD1 wedding.
 
7) Grease is an upbeat musical about the students of Rydell High. Another Travolta movie is Carrie, which features the worst prom night imaginable. Grease or Carrie -- which is closer to your high school experience?
Carrie, I don't look at High School as being a fantastic experience.

8) What was your best subject in high school? What was your worst?
History was my best....I still love it.  Math would be my worst. I think if I had learned math as it is being taught today, I would have liked it better.
 
9) Sam made good use of the bus ride to school, using that time to complete her homework. What do you remember about getting to or from school? 
I walked to elementary school. It was just a block away. We didn't have a Jr High in those days.  I took the bus to high school and hated it.  I got to drive once I turned 16.  See the post link in #1 about the Green Monster.

 

11 comments :

  1. My highschool experience was neithe Grease or Carrie. I probably would have enjoyed it more if it held the excitment of either one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I'm enjoying maths much more through my kids' eyes than I did through my own. I don't think it's because of the way it's taught though. The whole Chicago Math thing usually has me flummoxed. I think I just enjoy it more now because of how much my kids enjoy it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In high school I was a nerd and a member of the science club.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved history too. Ah, Pasadena...I love Pasadena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! I love Kermit & miss Piggy! So cute. And I like your vehicle names!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen Grease no less than 50 times. OH, and all of our vehicles have names. We have Sammy the Sequoia, Meg the Mustang and Clifford the Big Red Truck. My favorite was Lilly the Lexus but she died.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a car named Roxie. I was horrible at Math and i have to agree that high school was an experience I'd like to forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grease might have been better if it starred Kermit and Miss Piggy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son took over a large portion of my garage (my husband's side ha ha)with his weights and stuff. I hate the clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your car names, too; everyone's are so funny! We don't have a garage at all, and the storage room is about an inch square. Wish we did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol--I used to have a Hyundai named Attilla. Since I talk to my car often, it seemed like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete