1. Outside my window…
Everything is lush and green because of the rain....and the bird bath should have occupants today since there is water in it, for a change.
2. I am thankful… I'll paraphrase Garfield: I am thankful for vegetables; carrot cake, zucchini bread and pumpkin pie.
4. I am wearing…
My night gown still, since I get up before Mr BC. I don't like to change in the dark, so I wait until he gets up, to clean up and dress. Interesting, last night I dreamed I was to get some kind of award and I was in my night gown. I know that must mean something.
5. I am creating… A Big Mess, on the side table next to my chair. The Sunday paper and all.....
6. I am going… To Santa Barbara in September to see the Grandkids, instead of taking the RV to New England. Too many expenses came up to afford, comfortably, the trip this year. A disappointment,but, the kids had an opportunity to go to Majorca, that DD1 might not be able to go on, if I didn't come SB to watch the kids, so at least I did not disappoint them. They always get my ticket when I am watching the kids. That is always nice on the budget. Mr BC will stay home and watch the dogs....we are going back in the RV at the holidays.
7. I am reading… Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. It is second, in the Outlander series, and since I don't get Starz, which is carrying the miniseries, I will have to read on, to get my fix of Jamie and Claire.
8. I am learning…
Right now, On Sunday Morning, from Jane Pauley: that Smokey the bear was created in the 1940's because,though the U.S. Forest Service fought wildfires long before World War II, the war brought a new importance and urgency to the effort. Since able bodied men were not available to fight fires. The forestry service was worried that enemy infiltrators might start forest fires to create havoc. I remember learning the song in Girl Scouts in the 50's.
9. I am pondering…
10. A favorite quote…
“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”
― Robert Frost
11. One of my favorite things… We are watching Rumpole of the Bailey again. Years ago we watched some of it....I think on Masterpiece Theater...My dad got a big kick out of him. I think because they were a lot alike. "She who must be obeyed". It seems we did not see all of them. Dated a little, but still a treat.
12. A few plans for the rest of the week… Shampoo my carpet....for sure this week...That means that I will have to vacuum dog hairs first. I bought a new Bissell especially for pets, I am barely able to look forward to shampooing apparently, since I have had it for a month and have not taken it out of the box.
I need to take Totem to the vet to get his shots on Tuesday so I can take all three to the groomer to get them shampooed on Wednesday or Thursday....must make the appointment.
We will pick the RV up, from some repairs needed, since I ran it into a branch and crushed some reflectors, and get a new toilet, since we apparently did not winterize it properly.
13. A peek into my day… Walk the dogs after Sunday Morning on CBS. Then we will hole up in the air conditioned comfort of Sunday and watch a movie and some British TV on Acorn. A true day of rest before our busy week.