Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Contemplations


Less than a week....it took less than a week for every flat surface in my house to become cluttered...after my bi-annual holiday clean-up.  The reason I know the clutter is creeping back is that a phone rang and we could not find it. We weren't sure whose it was... we have 4 including the land line.  We called it twice, I kept saying it was in his chair, and it was.  In the process we knocked off the land line, a popcorn bowl (with old maids in it) and empty pill bottles.  I now have to move furniture to vacuum it up.

I can't find anything since I "picked up" for company.  I have a cork board in the kitchen for Dr appointments and the like. I have a shred bin for stuff awaiting mincing and maceration.  Finally I have piles of paper awaiting a decision of some kind.  That is the stuff that is cluttering up the flat surfaces.  This is my filing system.  I moved an Ikea filing cabinet to Missouri,with us but it has a broken wheel that causes it to teeter so I put a tuna can under it.  I haven't filed anything yet, although it has stuff in it, all the odds and ends I tossed into it, to hide them, because company was coming! 

House keeping is not one of my qualities, I live by the premise that....My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy......! Oh and then there is the dog hair....Don't get me started!

6 comments :

  1. You and I would get along very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I and Judy would get along very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your last take on housekeeping. I agree! I'm a clutter/pile person. Either I worry that once it's put away I won't remember where it is when I need it, or I'm too lazy to put away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm with you all. I do enjoy sorting it all out though, finding stuff I'd either lost or forgotten about :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that table is pretty messy... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is not actually my dining room table but it is similar.

    ReplyDelete