Saturday, September 14, 2013

Dominoes - Saturday 9

I have to say I like the other Pink better. Unfamiliar with this week's song? Listen to it here.

1) Have you ever carefully set up dominos and then watched them fall? Or built a house out of playing cards? When I was a kid. A lot of work for such a short impact. 

 2) In this week's song, Big Pink lead vocalist Robbie Furze sings, "The hottest love has the coldest end." Have you ever had a relationship that started out so promisingly and passionately but then quickly flamed out?  I never had a relationship like that. I dated a few duds many years ago then met Mr BC.
.
3) This is from Big Pink's CD, A Brief History of Love. What about your personal history of love? How many times would say you have truly been in love? Once, see the DUD's statement. When I was a teen there were  lots of crushes.

 4) Nicki Minaj sampled this song for her own, "Girls Fall Like Dominos." Nicki won't be back on American Idol this season. Is your reaction a) delight or b) sadness or c) a yawn. Yawn....I don't watch the program. 
 
5) While nationally the news centers on foreign policy and the economy, Sam's hometown is abuzz over the new Asian-fusion restaurant on Main Street and whether it can get a liquor license. What's the big local story where you are?  MSSU made the Military friendly list. The 2014 list honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans and spouses as students on their campuses. 
In other news.... Man accused of enticing minors online....The Minirva Candy Co has been around for 100 years.

6) Mary Jane Kelley is believed to be the fifth and final victim of Jack the Ripper. OK, now it's your turn. Share a random fact that's rattling around in your brain. Bone cells are constantly renewed, so every ten years you have a "new" skeleton.

7) Crazy Sam cursed last night when she dropped a can of tomato paste on her foot. (Hey! It really hurt!) When was the last time you swore? When I forgot to pick up bread at the store.  It is one of the things  I went there for.

8) Sam has a grocery bag filled with hoodies and t-shirts she no longer wants and plans to take them to The Salvation Army store. What do you do with your gently used clothes? Toss them or donate them or hand them down to a friend or relative? We donate to Goodwill. 
 

9) Do you blush easily? Not anymore. Mostly I roll my eyes a lot.


4 comments :

  1. Congratulations to Minerva! That's my favorite local story so far this morning. Cool fact about the skeleton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I never watch any of those reality shows either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know about the skeleton--how interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya on the eye roll thing. I love 'wisdom'. :)

    ReplyDelete