Saturday, March 01, 2014

Waterfalls-Saturday 9




Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
Nope.....still not familiar~

1) This song encourages us to "stick to the rivers and lakes you're used to." What body of water is nearest your home -- pond, lake, river, gulf or sea? 

Spring River, The Spring River is a 129-mile-long waterway located in southwestern Missouri, southeastern Kansas, and northeastern Oklahoma.


2) Have you ever visited a waterfall? If so, please tell us about it. 

Upper and lower Yosemite Falls. 
They are especially lovely in the Spring. The last time we were in Yosemite was late summer and they were just a trickle.

3) This song is from a CD entitled CrazySexyCool. Which word best describes how you feel today: Crazy, sexy or cool?  
Cool....to the point of being very cold.  We are to get sleet on Sunday.

4) The girls in TLC originally began hanging around together in an Atlanta-area hair salon. When did you last sit in a stylist's chair? 

I get my hair cut every 6 weeks or so, but just a cut and blow dry.  The last time I had my hair "styled" was for my daughter's wedding a few years ago. 

5) While she she spent her adolescence in Atlanta, bandmember Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins was born in Des Moines. Do you live in or near the town where you were born? 

No it is about 1500 miles away in CA. We live in Mr BC's hometown.

6) One of T-Boz' recent public appearances was on the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Do you watch any of the popular Real Housewives shows on Bravo? 

No. I never have seen any of them. I don't feel I have missed anything important.

7) In the 1990s, band member Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was romantically involved with an Atlanta Falcons football player. They shared his upscale, two-story mansion. How would you describe your abode (house, cottage, apartment, condo, studio, etc.)? 

I live in what would best be described as a cottage surrounded by about an acre of walnut trees.

8) Ms. Lopes was accused of arson when, after the couple argued, that mansion happened to burn down. When was the last time you lost your temper? How did you express your anger? (If it was with a criminal act, you may wish to keep it to yourself.) 

If I lose my temper and flash some anger.... I usually regret what I say and apologize.  I don't care for confrontation so I rarely lose my temper. I grumble a lot.

9) Today the third member of TLC, Chilli, designs personalized handbags. They cost about $225 each. What's the most expensive thing you have bought recently? 

I bought some eyeglasses recently and splurged on a frame, and we plan to buy a new compact car next month to tow behind the RV we bought last year.
http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/


10 comments :

  1. I just had an eye doctor appointment recently. I was looking forward to new frames, since lately I've been wearing my glasses just as often as I wear my contacts, and I've had the same frames for about 5 years now. Unfortunately/fortunately, my prescription hasn't changed, so there was no need to buy new frames. I was bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous of the RV. I know a few peeps that have bought Wranglers to tow with them, and love them. I highly recommend a Jeep myself. :) Those falls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't lose my temper very often. But when I do... look out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yosemite is definitely on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture of Yosemite Falls. Wow! We were there in April, snow was still on the ground, and the Merced River sounded like a busy, L.A. freeway! Just like one! Boulders the size of Hondas were being washed down that river.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a cottage surrounded by walnut trees sounds absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I haven't been to Yosemite since (gulp) Reagan was President! I'm more than due for a return trip, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've learned to grumble as well. Losing your temper with people you care about over politics or te like, is really NOT worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a while since I was at any falls. A river is closest to my home but there are lakes within walking distance. I agree with Bud Weiser, politics are not worth getting het up about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I have heard this song before. I didn't know the significance of the lyrics, though. We recently ventured into western North Carolina driving the Cullasaja Gorge where there are several waterfalls. Just search my blog for Highlands and you should find my posts. I just love waterfalls, especially when the waters are running swiftly. They are great to photograph!

    ReplyDelete