Saturday, October 18, 2014
The Power of Love-Saturday 9
Saturday 9: The Power of Love (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Huey explains that you don't need a credit card to find love. What's the last thing you charged? I don't use credit cards very often....but I do use AMEX, where I have to pay the balance off every month. We last charged a tire for DD2. It's a long story, she had a blow out on her way to work and we went out to the highway to wait for the tow truck, while she went on to work. We found out she was driving on her spare ???? so we had to have it towed to the Walmart where we bought a tire for her spare, so she could finally get her other tire fixed on her day off, which she did I think.
2) This song was written for Back to the Future. At the beginning of the movie, hero Marty McFly traveled around town on his skateboard. Are you good on a skateboard? Yeah......, Nope! Never been on one. I can remember when I was young and kids made scooters and a pre-skate boards out of skates.
3) Huey sings lead and his backup group is The News. Was the most recent news you heard bad or good? I can't remember the last time I heard good news from the news reporters. Brian Williams, on NBC always ends the daily news with an upbeat news story.
4) Huey's mother, Maria, was born in Poland. Who is the first member of your family to be born in the US of A? I would love to know and I often wish I could research that. I do know we come from a Celtic/English surnames and we go back past the Revolutionary war, on both sides.
5) Brainy Huey got a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take the SAT? How did you do? Probably average.
6) This song also hit #1 in Australia, where anzac biscuits are popular. To make them (the recipe is here) you need coconut. Do you have any coconut in your home right now? No, but I do have some coconut oil that I have given the dogs, I didn't see the benefits that everyone was claiming.
7) Thinking of dessert, would you rather have cookies, cake, pie, ice cream or frozen yogurt? Pie, although, I found some frozen peach yogurt that I am savoring.
8) We're definitely into autumn now. What will you remember most about Summer 2014? That I have hurt, somewhere in my body, since spring.
9) Tell us your superhero name, as determined by the color of your shirt and an item directly to your right. For example, Sam fights crime as The Gold Kleenex Box! The Orange Mirror.