Saturday, December 03, 2016
Saturday 9: Take My Breath Away (1996)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) When were you last breathless? Since I don't ever run....The last time I was breathless, I had a cold.
2) This is the love theme from Top Gun, and the romance was between a pilot and his instructor. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher? I can't think of anyone.
3) The pilots in Top Gun all had cool nicknames -- including Maverick, Goose, Merlin, Cougar and Stinger. Give yourself a cool pilot name. My nickname at home was Katydid and I think they fly, so that would do for me. I'd be a pretty blue one....not the uncool green ones.
4) The actress who played the instructor, Kelly McGillis, owns Kelly's Caribbean Bar/Grill and Brewery in Key West. It's known for its cheese and beer dip appetizer, served with warm pretzels. What's one of your favorite between meal snacks? Guacamole and tortilla chips.
5) The group who recorded this week's song is called Berlin, but they're really from Southern California. Have you ever been to Berlin? How about Southern California? We lived in Southern California for at least 30 years among other places, including Key West, before coming to Missouri for retirement. Never been to Germany.
6) Lead singer Terri Nunn has a weekly radio show, Unbound on KCSN. How often do you listen to the radio? Do you tune in for music, comedy, news or talk? We listen to the radio while driving in the car. It is usually tuned to NPR, but occasionally we listen to the oldies channel too. I'd say I like news and talk.
but I prefer liberal talk.
7) In 1986, when this song was popular, PeeWee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, PeeWee Herman's show had many, many adult viewers. Do you watch still watch any kid's shows? Only with the grandsons, I kind of like Peppa the Pig. I think the closest thing to a kid's show might be Once Upon a Time. I enjoyed the different take on fairy tales.
8) Robert Pattinson, the actor who played Edward the vampire in the Twilight series, was born in 1986. Have you read the Twilight books? Seen the movies?
I have not read the books but we did watch the first movie on pay per view.....sort of dumb.
9) Random question: In an alternate universe, which of these professions would you like to find yourself in -- United States senator, Ivy League professor, or imminent psychiatrist? I would say that if Trump is not in this alternate universe, I would choose US senator.