Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Fra-Gee-Lay Wednesday HodgePodge

1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done? I am about a 5 on the decoration scale. most of my decorations are currently on the dining room table, as I have just purchased some plants and got a neat new table tree. My dining room is the first flat surface near the front door so, it is usually stacked with mail and stuff.  
I also have another table tree that is still upstairs in storage that will set in another window.  My wreaths will come down at the same time.  I have to carry up the summer clothes and bring down the winter one, along with the ornaments.  I have a huge stash of Christmas up there but I have pared down the decorations. I will be finished by Christmas.

 2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas! There is not a nativity scene up there, because it was broken beyond repair in the move. It was similar to this, though not as well made.

3.  Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did? No, we are the only house on the block.  I wish we had more neighbors. I grew up in a very social neighborhood, in the 50's and 60's.
 
4.  As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now? For sure we are in our sunset years, so if we want to accomplish something
there's no time like the present ! That is how we ended up in Europe last fall.  I just looked for a tour and made a reservation and deposit about 6 months before we left, and told Mr BC we were going.  So glad we did, as Mr BC got sick, soon after.  With dialysis, travel to Europe again would be problematic.  Although with our RV, we can still do North America.
 Image result for no time like the present
5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not? Not so much, when you are retired, every day is the weekend, and Monday is just another day.  I have been sleeping poorly the past week or so, and I often can't make out what day it is when I wake up.


6.  Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Poinsettias Are any of these on display in your home right now? I got a centerpiece for Thanksgiving that had a Poinsettia in it, but that will be it this year. (See answer 1)  I found a beautiful Christmas cactus at The Walmart.


7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie. This is our favorite Christmas movie.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

https://heatst.com/uncategorized/racism-row-erupts-over-mall-of-americas-black-santa-claus/ 

It's hard to deny racism is not alive and well in America.

3 comments :

  1. No decorations for me this year. There's no point as only I'm the only one who will see them. Fortunately the Christmas cards give a festive feel to the place. There are neighbours but I only see them if I go out. Love that first cartoon, a big OUCH at the thought of sitting on that wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have felt like just hanging tangled cords of lights before, too. The trick is not to let them get tangled in the first place. The easiest way to accomplish this is to just leave them on the house year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that Mr. BC has to be on dialysis and that you've not been sleeping well lately. With all that's going on healthwise in your home, I can understand that completely. You're both in my prayers.

    We often don't know what day it is either. :)
    I love that moneky image!

    Have a blessed weekend and a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete