I also have another table tree that is still upstairs in storage that will set in another window. My wreaths will come down at the same time. I have to carry up the summer clothes and bring down the winter one, along with the ornaments. I have a huge stash of Christmas up there but I have pared down the decorations. I will be finished by Christmas.
2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas! There is not a nativity scene up there, because it was broken beyond repair in the move. It was similar to this, though not as well made.
3. Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did? No, we are the only house on the block. I wish we had more neighbors. I grew up in a very social neighborhood, in the 50's and 60's.
4. As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now? For sure we are in our sunset years, so if we want to accomplish something there's no time like the present ! That is how we ended up in Europe last fall. I just looked for a tour and made a reservation and deposit about 6 months before we left, and told Mr BC we were going. So glad we did, as Mr BC got sick, soon after. With dialysis, travel to Europe again would be problematic. Although with our RV, we can still do North America.
5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not? Not so much, when you are retired, every day is the weekend, and Monday is just another day. I have been sleeping poorly the past week or so, and I often can't make out what day it is when I wake up.
6. Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Poinsettias Are any of these on display in your home right now? I got a centerpiece for Thanksgiving that had a Poinsettia in it, but that will be it this year. (See answer 1) I found a beautiful Christmas cactus at The Walmart.
7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie. This is our favorite Christmas movie.
It's hard to deny racism is not alive and well in America.