Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song was inspired by a note WHAM! partner Andrew Ridgeley left for his parents. He accidentally wrote "go" twice. What was the last handwritten note you left for someone? I left a post-it note on Mr Bankerchick, while he was asleep in his chair, just to remind him were I was going. So he wouldn't have to wander the halls looking for me.
2) Born Georgios Panayiotou, George Michael was the son of the Greek restauranteur in East London. When you think of Greek cuisine, what comes to mind?
Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie)
4) WHAM! partner Andrew Ridgeley, on the other hand, is a talented driver who got to live his fantasy by racing Formula Three in Monaco. There are companies that sell racetrack driving experiences that allow you to spin around the track at dizzying speeds. Is this something you like to try? DD1s husband took us to a Mercedes promotion many years ago at the Hollywood Race Track parking lot where we had a chance to drive the new Mercedes'
under various road conditions. One was fast.....that was a lot of fun. I was a different driver under those conditions.
5) In 1990, Frank Sinatra famously gave George Michael advice. Ol' Blue Eyes told the younger man to enjoy his fame, to remember all those lean nights traveling from gig to gig by bus and, now that he's successful, "loosen up and swing, man." Who last gave you advice? Did you take it? Probably a relative....she is always telling me what I should do. Sometimes it is good advice.....sometimes not. I take the relative and ignore the rest. She is earnest and good natured.
6) Mr. Michael's neighbors have reported since his passing that he seemed to live rather quietly, and that they usually saw him when he was out walking his three dogs. Tell us about the last time you spoke to one of your neighbors. I am not sure, I understand this question. Since his passing he is living quietly and walking his dogs???? We have a nodding head relationship....although....when walking my dogs.....quietly....I often speak with a couple of neighbors more far afield. Lots of people still sit on their front porches in fine weather.
7) Fansites tell us that George Michael's favorite cereal was cornflakes. What breakfast cereals are currently in your kitchen? Oatmeal, Cheerios, and Cinnamon Life.....I love Cinnamon Life with frozen blueberries or Pomegranate seeds. I just finished some.
8) In 1984, when "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" was popular, Murder, She Wrote premiered on CBS. Today it's still seen in reruns all over the world. Are you a fan? I like Angela Landsbury, but this program was not a favorite. I think my mom liked it the first time around.
9) RANDOM QUESTION: What's your secret to a good night's sleep? I look forward to some ideas out there. I use to be a good sleeper.....but not so much anymore. I wake up too many times and then if I get to sleep, I dream about odd things. This morning, I was trying to get off a tour bus, with my things, and there were too many items and I was keeping people from getting off. It was very embarrassing...dirty clothes and personal items.