Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. When did you last have to interact, either by phone or in person, with someone in a government run agency? On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the experience? (10 being fabulous and 1 being pass the Tylenol)
I rarely interact in person with anyone, but I guess it would have been the Missouri Department of Revenue to pay the car tags...It was an 8.  I don't mind interacting with State and County so much as I did when we lived in CA. Next week I will be going to the USPS for passports.  I think it will be okay. Still dealing with locals.

2. The current governor of Wisconsin is considering a run for President next time around. Walker attended Marquette University, but never graduated. In terms of any candidate running for the office of President (not asking here if you agree or disagree with Scott Walker's politics) would the lack of a college degree influence your vote or no? Would that be a factor in your support of any candidate running for public office, even a role less weighty than President?
I think it would depend on his political or business record.  I don't think college guarantees intelligence, honesty, or experience.  Look at W, he graduated from Yale, I hear he played the whole time. Didn't see much in the way of smarts there. Harry Truman has been considered a great president and he was a failed  haberdasher. 


3. When did you last visit a place or site named for George Washington or Abraham Lincoln, and what was that place or site?
Over the years we have visited both of their graves, but that was a while ago.  We have a Washington Street here in Hooterville and we were there the last time we visited our friends Maggie and Jiggs.


4. February 16th was President's Day in the US, but did you know it was also National Almond Day? I didn't think so : ) Do you like almonds? If so, what's a food/dish/recipe you enjoy that contains almonds?
I love my almonds raw and I usually eat a handful every day or so. I have some right next to me now and Caspar our miniature dashound is begging for a piece. 


Too Much Snow
5.The television program Saturday Night Live celebrated it's 40th anniversary this past weekend. Were/are you a fan of the show? If so what has been your favorite (or one of your favorite) skits, sayings, or characters that came out of the program?
We watched the original players and I loved Gilda and thought the Coneheads were a hoot. The weekend update was the original Daily Show.  We haven't watched a lot lately....because it is on too late.



6. Anything purple within ten feet of you? What is it? 
I am wearing a pair of purple polkadot flannel pants right now.



7. Back in December I asked you to submit a question for a future HP as part of a giveaway I was hosting. I grabbed this one from those entries, submitted by Zoanna who blogs over at Penchant for Pens. Thanks Zoanna!
She asks, "How often do you make your bed, and how do you like to make it-pull the covers all the way up over the pillows, tuck the covers in around the pillows, or place all the pillows on top of the covers?" 
The bed is fully made when I change the sheets and tuck everything in....otherwise we just pull the sheets and blankets up, spread the duvet and plop the pillows on top. I wish I had something to put the duvet on when we sleep, otherwise it is on the floor by morning.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
I have lots of random thoughts, but when I go to post them, they disappear!  


10 comments :

  1. Passports? Are you headed somewhere wonderful? I love my passport : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I was thinking about that same Yale Eli/president who was not impressive in my book.... and, yes, thankfully, we can deal with the gov't agencies electronically more now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to your random thought today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with edshunnybunny. Can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you're a doxie lover, too...aren't they just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a great day for flannel comfy pants here. Those are good points you made about our presidents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting passports sounds like you have a fun trip in your future.
    Traveling is my favorite thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fun that your trip is getting close that you need passports!!!
    I agree, I prefer the older SNL casts.
    I was not aware that Walker didn't have his college degree. I do agree with you on someone's college education - it's all what you put into it. But I still feel a bit funny about a president not having a college degree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently changed from duvet to sheets and blankets and am still trying to get used to making the bed. It was so easy with just a duvet but the change had to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We never make the bed anymore. I read that dust mites multiply in the sheets if they are covered by blankets, etc. We just have sheets and pillows, and I wash the blankets frequently. You will have to post lots of pictures of your trip when you come back!

    ReplyDelete