Thursday, October 08, 2015

Where am I? Oh yeah, Back to Bed

Two happy couples at the British Museum last week.
We are back from the great adventure and here I am at 3:00 am  awake and tired at the same time.  It was a lot easier adjusting to the time in Europe, than to the time here at home. We had a great time and I will post some pictures as soon as I get them downloaded or uploaded or whatever.  Which will be around Thanksgiving at the rate I am moving.  
Some Thoughts:

  • London and Rome were fantastic and we will go back to see more.
  • Paris is overrated.  I can say I have been there but, I don't particularly want to go back. We would visit like to visit the Normandy Landings areas sometime, then we will be done with France.  Also there are no fat people in France.
  • The tour group was great and we had some very enjoyable company.  Nikki, our tour director was the best. Our guide Joel was so funny, the way the British can be.....very dry.
  • We are not as young as we once were and tire easily.  My feet still hurt and I don't do museums as well as I use to.
  • The Tube is much better than the Paris Metro.  I didn't get lost there as I can understand the English spoken by the English better than English spoken by the French.  There is truth to the London Underground being the best in the world.
  • Buckingham Palace would be a hard place, in which to live,  I would have to place covers over all the furniture.  I found a Corgi hair on my jacket, but it turns out that it was one of Gwennie's that I carried all the way to London.  I left all the ones I could find on me, there.

4 comments :

  1. I have this idea of traveling carefully through Europe and observing everything. Of course this happens after I RV allover North America. This sort of dream makes you tired, san doubt.

    LOL, I'm glad you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your comment about the Corgi hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you're back so soon... it only seems five minutes since I read you were starting your trip. Good to hear such nice remarks about my great country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sounds like a great time! Traveling is hard on the body. I have found traveling east is harder than coming back west as far as sleep goes, but I find the jet lag after a trip makes me kind of "stupid" for a week or two. Just not in one's right mind when very tired.
    While I wouldn't turn down a trip to Paris, I'd have to agree with you. I've been, it's very pretty, the museums are great, but now that I've gone I'm good. London I could go back to over and over again, same with anywhere in Italy. :) can't wait to see/hear more of your adventure.

    ReplyDelete