Saturday, March 02, 2013

Spring Sunshine is on the Way-Saturday 9


1) The best known Brady Bunch song is, of course, the shows theme. Do you know the lyrics?
Oh yes. It is a ubiquitous little ditty about a lovely lady.....Don't get me started or it will be on my mind the rest of the day!



2) The Bradys were a blended family. Do you have stepparents, stepchildren or stepsibs?
No, My folks were married to each other for a long time and Mr BC and I have been married to each other for a long time....No divorces. I am greatful that I have not had to deal with blended families.

3) Samantha admits that, when she was 12, she taped Greg Brady's photo over her bed. Before you judge her too harshly, come clean yourself. Did you have a major pre-teen crush? Who was it?
My crushes were for guys of a different generation from Greg Brady. I liked Frankie Avalon, Fabian and Troy Donohue.

4) Which TV character do you wish lived next door?
Andy Taylor and Aunt Bee, we live in a small Mayberry like town but the neighbors are more like Barney, Gomer and Ernest T Bass. I wrote about my day trip to Mt. Airy, NC here.

5) It's a sunshine day! Describe your sunglasses.
They are the old folks type that fit over my eyeglasses, I am so sad.  I don't like the clip on style, because I always lose them and perscription sunglasses are too expensive.

6) You're on a 90-minute flight. How will you spend the time? Do you read a book? A magazine? Look out the window? Take a nap?
It would depend on the time of day. Probably I would read Sky Mall or the airline magazine, or my Kindle for that short of a trip.

7) Do you have a favorite brand of toothpaste? Crest Whitening in the canister (or whatever you call it) not a tube.

8) How many keys are on your key ring?
About 8, 2 car keys, 2 door keys and several padlock keys to our fence gates. Now Mr BC is the one with piles of keys on his key ring.  It use to be amusing to watch him go thru the keys now it is just annoying.

9) What do you miss about summertime?
I don't miss Missouri summer humidity, I think I miss Spring and Fall  the most in the mid winter. The same was true when we lived in California.

 

9 comments :

  1. I've had that song in my head since reading the title! And...
    "As for you Troy Donahue, I know what you wanna do."
    :)
    I too wear glasses, so get my sunglasses prescription. I'm terrified if I think I've lost them. One of these days I'll get LASIK dine so I can buy them from the $1 bin at target.
    Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt/godmother was just talking to me about Fabian yesterday! Isn't it funny how you can go years (decades, probably) without hearing about somebody and then they come twice in two days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mt. Airy is my husband's home town. I used to love visiting him there when we were dating--it's such a neat little town. We used to go to a now closed place called Double B BBQ--my Lord, they had the best Lexington style pulled pork EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now I'm also singing the song from Grease that Kimberly mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keys... I daren't count....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We carry around the same number of keys, but I also have a small flashlight on the key chain so I can find the key at night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah...Frankie Avalon. Handsome fella. Good voice, too!

    Zane has just started getting interested in keys, and is inserting odd keys into the wrong keyholes. We may have to put a licksmith on retainer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the andy griffith meme :) i need to take a road trip to mt. airy, it is three hours from me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your images. My brother moved to St.L and kept trying to get us to move there too. Lemme tell ya about July in St.L. I never want to do that again!
    Have a great rest of your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete