This song was popular 50 years ago today. Hear it here.
1) In this song, our hero orders espresso. What's your standard coffee order? During the holiday season I usually order Pumpkin Spice or something special for the holiday. At home, where I usually drink my coffee, I will have regular coffee with International Delight Cinnabon Flavor.
2) Originally the phrase "sugar shack" meant a small cabin where sap from maple trees was boiled into syrup. So for breakfast today, would you rather pour syrup on pancakes, french toast or waffles?I eat my French toast with syrup. Not fond of pancakes and I don't have a waffle iron, but when I do have waffles out, I prefer fruit toppings. The girls and I went to a maple grove, in Michigan, when they were small and watched them make syrup in the Sugar Shack.
3) The name of the group that recorded this song is The Fireballs. "Fireballs" is also the brand name of a red hot jawbreaker. Do you like cinnamon? I love cinnamon flavor along with ginger. Season favorites.
4) In 1963, when this song was a hit, newscaster Walter Cronkite was one of the most trusted and influential men in the country. Do you have a favorite TV newsperson? I like Brian Williams on NBC Nightly News. I am especially fond of him when he visits Jon Stewart on the Daily Show.
5) The Rambler was named 1963 Car of the Year by Motor Trend, and their most popular model was a 9-passenger station wagon. What's the car of your dreams? I don't have a car of my dreams....I like a car that works. Mr BC would like a Mini Cooper to tow behind our RV when we travel and to restore his TR-3.
6) The Zip Code was first introduced in 1963. How many different Zip Codes have you had throughout your life? 7 or 8.
7) What was the first thing you thought about when you woke up this morning? How Mr BC is feeling, he had an angiogram yesterday. It was ok.
8) Are you a good pool player? I have rarely played pool and wasn't so good when I did.
9) Do you actually make a wish when you blow out your birthday candles? When I have a birthday cake with candles I do.