Sunday, November 17, 2013
The ASK Meme, Part 1-Sunday Stealing
1. What’s your favorite candle scent?
I like the scents, that are like something baking. I don't bake as much and microwaves don't make the house smell as evocative as times past.
2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
I have no sisters, so....Melissa McCarthy seems very likable and real. I have loved her since the Gilmore girls.
3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
My brother actually reminded me of Tom Selleck.
4. How old were you when you got married?
20, I had to change this question. I wouldn't recommend such a young age now, however, in my family I was a little bit of an old maid. My cousins all married right out of high school. I am still married to Mr BC though.
5. Do you know a hoarder? Maybe
6. Can you do a split?
I have never been able to accomplish one and won't try it now, that's for sure.
7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike? About 8 or 9.
8. How many oceans have you swam in? 3
9. How many countries have you been to? 5,
Canada, Mexico, England, Turkey, and Greece
10. Is anyone in your family in the military?
Not anymore, Mr BC was in the Navy the first year we were married.
11. Have you named any of your body parts? No, but Mr BC did.
12. If you had a child today, what would you name him/her? I think these questions were designed for a much younger audience than I. I love my grandsons names.
13. What’s the worst grade you got on a test? Probably a D.
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
The Andy Griffith Show, I still love the reruns and will stop the remote when it passes by.
15. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
I have read all 3 Hunger Games.
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? I love a British accent, but I can't do one very well.
18. Did your mother go to college?
No, but my dad did. He was an attorney and would love the fact is granddaughter became one too.
19. Are your grandparents still married?
I am the grandparent now. My paternal grandparents were married until they passed, though my grandfather divorced his first wife. My maternal grandmother divorced her husband. I never really knew him, except he did have a horse and kind of lived in town. He came to visit once and his horse left a big pile in the driveway.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons? No.
21. Do you know who Kermit the Frog is?
Of course, the Muppets were a big part of my girls life.
22. What was the first amusement park you’ve been to?
Knott's Berry Farm, it wasn't much of an amusement park when I was young, but I did go to Disneyland the first year it opened.
23. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent?
French, it sounds so beautiful....
24. Do you spell the color as grey or gray?
Gray, I had a 4th grade teacher who was Mrs. Grey.
25. Is your father bald? Yes, Dad was bald, as is my brother, so he is not such a total Tom Selleck, look-alike.