Saturday 9: Already Gone
(recommended by Diana)
2) The song begins with a rumor: "I heard some people talking just the other other day ..." Have you heard anything juicy/interesting lately? Please share! Is Queen Elizabeth Really encouraging Charles to divorce Camilla? And Duchess Kate is feuding with the Queen and weighs only 91 pounds...the tabloids are dancing on Diana's grave. Is this really important???
3) When "Already Gone" was popular, the news was dominated by Richard Nixon and the Watergate scandal. What do you consider today's top news story? Today, Israel and Palestine are at it again....the Middle East is a real hot spot.
4) In the 1970s, Eagles Glenn Frey and Don Henley were at the center of a social circle of very creative people, including singer Linda Ronstadt, singer-songwriter Jackson Browne and actor-comedian Steve Martin. How do you express your creativity? I do a little crafting and blogging.
5) Even though they broke up in 1980, the Eagles are currently on a reunion tour, and after knowing each other more than 40 years, Frey and Henley still consider each other friends. What quality to do you value most in a friendship? A good friend does not make you feel guilty, if they haven't seen you for a while. My best friends are separated by distance now. When I get together with my good friend we pick the conversation right up where it left off.
6) Are there any mirrors in the room you're in right now? Yes, I have a mirrored shelf, set into the wall, over my couch with some knick-knacks on it and pictures of the girls. It is very 1950's
7) What's the last beverage you drank with ice? Iced Coffee. This summer I have it instead of hot coffee.
8) Whole, skim, 2%, half-and-half, almond or soy ... what kind of milk is in your refrigerator right now? Non-Fat lactose free milk.
9) Sam likes to mix sliced almonds into her salad. What do you think makes a good salad? I love taco salads as a whole meal, For a light salad, I like some fruit in them, like pears and strawberries, and nuts, with balsamic dressing.